27

"She's lurking around the apartment again boss," the man over the phone relays the information.

With her fingers pressed to her lips, the brunette narrowed her eyes.

"What is she up to..." she whispers to herself.

"We'll make a move upon your word, Ma'am."

Cocking her head to the side of that dim room followed by her gaze, the woman was distracted by the movement on the other side of the huge glass wall where a woman was chained against the wall, her screams muffled by something jammed in her mouth and her eyes blindfolded.

Those feline eyes squinted close in annoyance as she shook her head. "Just keept watching her. Report everything to me."

"Yes, Miss Kim."

Her hands slammed the table with a murderous look on her eyes, the noise startling the chained up girl as she started trying to break free again and went hysterical.

Another man in a black suit came inmediately. Without sparing him a glance, the woman gritted her teeth in anger. "Bring my cousin. Now."

"My dear sister, what a lovely surprise," a velvety voice said in a dark undertone, "But your ways, not much. How many times do I have to tell you to be a bit more endearing to our cousin?"

"You shut up," Jennie Kim stepped into the light but her eyes were the darkest her oldest sister has seen. "Karina caused this trouble now she has to face the consequences."

With an amused laughter, Irene waved her index finger. "You are so dramatic Jennie. What consequences? We're just having fun. She needed help and I'm trying to be a good unnie."

Jennie's long black nails digged on her palm, leaving crescent moon marks as she kept her fists clenched beside her.

"What are you doing Irene? This is so fucking stupid."

"Why are you suddenly being a saint, Jennie?" Irene walks around her with a playful smile on her lips, her eyes darting to the door she came from, their cousin coming in with another man behind her, holding electric wires. "You know how we Kims remain undefeated."

"Oh, hey Jen. Aren't you supposed to be busy being lovey dovey with your girlfriend?" Karina greets her with a teasing smile.

"Are you nuts?!" She looks at the man going over to the other room as her brought down the wires there and started setting up things, connecting it to plugs. "You have no clue how stupid this all is. You want Winter? Well fuck! Scaring her with suicide is the dumbest shit I've heard and now you're doing more stupid things!"

"Look at you being a hypocrite just because you had it easy with Lisa!" Karina screams like she's losing it, pointing her finger on the glass wall with her breathing heavy, "That girl is a snake! She was seeing Winter behind my back did you know that?!"

Jennie lets out a deep breath, throwing her head back with closed eyes.

"That's enough." Irene sat on the corner of the table, watching the two. "Jennie, leave if you'll just cause a fuss."

"No."

The oldest gave her a pointed look. "We'll just have a little fun. You can come back later and check on her, if you'd like."

"Irene unnie," Karina protests but Irene ignored her and kept her gaze fixed on her sister.

"Oh, did Lisa like the present I gave her the last time?" Irene dusts off her own shoulders, "I placed your name as the new building owner so she can be rent free for a lifetime... unless you'll let her pay you?"