Chapter 2 - The Restaurant

I'm working in my office right now, as I always do

I'm working in my office right now, as I always do. Last night, Ophelia and I had a chance to catch up and talk about her schooling and frequent moves.

Recently, she didn't appear particularly unhappy about the move, but she did seem a little sad that her mother and I don't share a home.

She is aware of the truth—that I broke up with her mother—but she seems a little miffed about it because she asked me a question I'm not even sure I can answer.

"Dude, I think you should tell her that you can't live with her mother because when people get divorced, they don't cohabitate, and I'm very sure she will understand," Theo spoke with a faintly British accent.

Theo Brown is my best friend, in case I forgot to say that. Since high school, we have been friends. He has dark blue eyes and blonde hair, and he is tall.

He was hired as a private therapist in New York recently despite being a successful therapist in London because a wealthy, well-known client requested one.

He's just been here a year, but even though he's a millionaire, he left London because a rich ass woman offered him a million dollars a month for only a therapy.

"I tried, but I'm not sure anymore. I simply hope she would stop thinking about me bringing Valentina to my penthouse because there's no fucking way."

Theo is aware of what transpired between me and Valentina, and when he first learned of it, he nearly took a flight from London to Los Angeles to discipline Valentina.

I suppose you have to advise her to "suck it up," "Hmm." We both laughed when I dropped the pen I was using to sign some significant papers.

"Aren't you the counsellor who counsels people?" I say as I lean in my office's black leather chair.

"Nah, I'm on a break so I can't be your therapist today but hey at least you can eat while crying your worries away,"  I rolled my eyes at his childish antics.

"I'm starving, but speaking of food, it's time for your lunch." He said while standing up from his chair.

He wanted me and Ophelia to accompany him to this new restaurant in the city, which is why he came here in the first place.

"Dude, just a second, I need to-" I muttered as I felt someone snatching away the documents I was going to sign.

It is, of course, Theo.

"The fuck!" I shout and got to my feet.

He put the papers down and stated, "Relax," as I was giving him the death glare for knowing not to fucking mess with me and my paperwork.

"I just want to eat, not get killed, so let's leave. Plus, you need some fresh air since you've been working too hard."

I sighed, knowing he was right.I have been working so hard and I think I need a little break.

"Fine,"

"yes!".

"Cazzo, perché è di nuovo il mio migliore amico?" I rubbed my temple and mumbled as I set the pen and papers on my desk.

◇◇◇

"Can I please order a cheeseburger, Daddy?" We are currently in the restaurant that Theo wouldn't stop talking about.

Theo is seated in front of me, facing me and Ophelia, while I am seated next to Ophelia.  

I kissed her forehead before replying, "Yes, you can have as many burgers as you want mi amore.

I peruse the menu, trying to decide what to have but finding it difficult because everything here looks so good. Theo glanced over the menu, "Fuck, all the food here looks fantastic!"

I was about to respond to Theo when Ophelia asked me this."  What does the word "fuck" mean, Daddy?"  Ophelia inquired as she naively regarded me.

"Shoot,"

"Don't ever use that word; it's a nasty word."

She then nodded and turned to her menu as I gave theo a stern look.
Soon later a stunning waitress with blonde hair arrived. "Welcome to Heat 'N' Run; we apologise for keeping you waiting.

What can I get you folks? I hope you guys already found what you want on the menu." she said as I cleared my throat because Theo kept looking at the lady.

I rolled my eyes and turned to look at the woman in front of us, but she was flirtatiously biting her lip and making eye contact with Theo. 

Eww.

They both abruptly exited whatever trans they were in as I cleared my throat. She shook her head and apologised, paying me attention.

"What can I do for you sir?"

"Yes, please can I have a Taleggio and Pear Panini and cheeseburger for her? "I pointed at Ophelia, who was preoccupied with my car keys.

"Ok. What about you , sir? She said as she finished writing our orders as she turns to theo.

Theo grinned at her as I rolled my eyes once more.

"I'll get what he just ordered but without the  hamburger" he said as the waitress nodded before leaving I and theo alone.

" What was that, dude?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about". He smirked and I shook my head as he pulled his phone from his pocket. I rolled my eyes at his absurd actions.

I mean, I don't blame him; the man has been single for a very long time, and who am I to stand in his way if he wants to fuck some waitress?