Chapter 27 - No

It's now the end of the court meeting and Lorenzo finally ended up winning

It's now the end of the court meeting and Lorenzo finally ended up winning. Ophelia told the judge every thing and now Valentina and Mr river is now facing time in jail for the crime they both committed.

Right now, Theo, Lorenzo, Ophelia and I are in theo's car with Lorenzo stuff while we drive to his house since he got all his property back after his ex wife literally tried to take it.

Everyone was quiet in the car expect for ophelia who was singing baby by Justin Bieber. Ophelia cried to Lorenzo about her having to lie and how she was sorry.

Of course Lorenzo told her It wasn't her fault which to be honest i think it is because she did what she had to do in other to see her dad again and honestly I am so proud of both of them for standing tall when things was rough.

"You know you love me, I know you care..." ophelia sang as Theo joined while Lorenzo tired to turn off the music but Theo slapped his hands away as he rolled his eyes.

A small smile came on my face as I noticed Lorenzo looking at me but I lock eyes with his and broke the eye contact as I decided to look at the window.

I don't know why but ever since that fight and that kiss, it's been really awkward between us. I mean I know it will never happen again.

Because it was a mistake.

But why does a part of me want it to happen again?

'Shut up! It was nothing we were both in the moment, it will NEVER happen again'

I thought to myself as Theo and ophelia finished singing. "We're here!" Theo said while turning off his car as ophelia jump in excitement.

"Yay!"

I smiled at her as she did the same to me before getting out and running to the front door. "Careful mi amore, you're gonna fall."

Lorenzo said to her while he followed her as she didn't listen to him. "Kids these days!" Theo sighed while shaking his head.

"Anyways, are you gonna help me with Lorenzo stuff ?" He said to me while he turn around to look at me.

"Just for a bit, I need to see Riley and thank her for today."

"You know, you are the person that save his life." Theo said to me as he looked at Lorenzo and aurora talking and smiling at each other.

"No I didn't,"

"Yes you did. In a matter of fact ever since you came into his life, his life has changed for the better like he's now happier than ever, he's more open and respectful."

"Oh please," I said as I rolled my eyes not believing a word that Theo is telling me right now.

"No I'm not joking. I know he's done a lot of bad stuff to you in highschool and I know you will probably will not forgive him but I hope that one day you find it in your heart to forgive him.

Because there's something going on between you two and it's not friendship or hatred its more than that so I hope whatever this is, you both figure it out. Because I think you guys are meant to be together and if any of you don't see that then I don't really know what to say to you.

Theo said as he left the car to pick up Lorenzo stuff from the back booth before entering the house leaving me alone in the car with my thoughts.

———

Right now I'm at Riley penthouse standing in the elevator as I pressed the button to go to her to surprise her since she help with Lorenzo case these couple months.

Lorenzo gave me some chocolate for me to thank her with;while I brought her some flowers and a thank you card.

Today what Theo said to me keep playing in my head and I don't know how I feel about Lorenzo.

I mean yeah I haven't forgotten what he did to me in highschool but I don't like him.

Or maybe I do!

Shut up, you don't and you will never will.

The elevator bell rang pulling me out of my thoughts as I walked out of it. I began to walk to Riley's door as I knocked softly.

Seconds passed but I didn't hear anything. I decided to call her but then a crazy thought came into my head as I tried to find a way to surprise her but going inside her penthouse so I can place the stuff there as a surprise.

I smiled at myself proudly thinking this a great plan. I remembered that everytime she always leave an extra pair of keys under the carpet. I quickly picked up the carpet and surely the keys was there.

I picked up the keys and opened the door. The lights of the penthouse was on  since there's no one here.

I decided to walk into her white kitchen table counter as I set the chocolate and the flowers on top.

I decided to look around the house maybe she here somewhere.

But the moment I decided to check her bed room I heard kissing sounds. I froze not knowing what to do.

Wow, Riley has a boyfriend and she didn't tell me. I thought to myself as I slowly began to leave giving her privacy but the moment I turned around I heard a familiar voice talking to riley.

"I love you and trust me I'm glad that I left her." The familiar voice said as I tried to place where I know the sound.

"I know but she's my best friend and if she finds out everything is going to be bad." Riley said as I got confused.

'What does she mean, when she finds out?' I thought to myself still listening to the conversation.

"Babe" the familiar voice said as I knew who this voice was.

"No" I whispered

Not hoping that he's not who I think he is. I wasn't aware of my action but I walk inside her room while opening her door.

Riley and the familiar man turn around to look at me as they were both shocked to see me.

'No!'

"What the fuck?" I said as I stared at the man who beat me up and my bestfriend.