Chapter 36 - its too late to apologize pt2

Lorenzo's Pov

I could sense the tension in the atmosphere as we all sit at the dinner table.

Right now, everyone is silently eating as ophelia talks non stop about how she want to become a pilot one day.

I mean I always knew ophelia wanted to become a pilot but I didn't think she was serious but to be honest, I am happy for her.

Everyone smiles at ophelia as they all listen to ophelia except for Ava who is silently looking down at her plate.

At the conner of my eyes, I gaze at Aurora who is also smiling at ophelia as her right leg bounces up and down.

I slowly place my hand ontop of her leg to stop the bounce

Seconds later, she stops while looking down at my hand on her leg as she looked up and smiled at me before quickly looking back to ophelia.

I don't know why, but the smile she gave me didn't reach her eyes as I felt my heart breaking.

Is she mad at me?

I mean I know she hasn't forgiven me about what I did to her in highschool but why did her sad smile made my chest hurt.

What if she doesn't want me here?

What if-

"Lorenzo!"

I snapped out of whatever trans I was in as I heard bri call my name.

"Would it be okay if you come with me to the champagne storage and help me grab a few champagnes?"

Before I could say anything Leo said swiftly "I can come with you."

"No!" Bri yelled as leo and everyone at the table looked at her weirdly.

"I mean I just want Lorenzo to help me after all I haven't seen him like forever so yeah."

She said with a smile on her face as she came over to where I was sitting and grabbed my hands while running making me run after her.

"CAREFUL!" I heard mama's voice say before bri dragged me out of the house.