the short-tempered girl

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Everybody stared at the long purple-haired beauty who placed both of her hands at the side of her head and knelt down on the floor with agony, along with sorrow clear in her eyes.

"What do we do, Dan-I...You're in a different class. This kind of thing had never happened till now..."

Dan-I said nothing as she continued to stare blankly at the papers that were displayed on the noticeboard.

'What in the world happened? Being in a different class than the others is fine, but being separated from Yeo-ryeong? Me. Yeo-ryeong's best friend?'

Imaginary sweat begins to drip down the side of Dan-I's forehead as the noisy surroundings around her turn silent immediately while she blanks out.

'When I just began to put all of my heart into my decision? What in the world is this novel's author thinking?'

"KYAAAA!! IT'S THE FOUR HEAVENLY KINGS!!"

"JI-HO! YOU'RE SO HANDSOME!!"

"THE FOUR HEAVENLY KINGS ARE SO COOL!!"

Blood automatically leaked out of Dan-I's mouth casually as she and Yeo-ryeong turned to stare at the 'four heavenly kings' with deadpanned faces who slowly made their way towards them.

'Damn four heavenly kings! Will I ever be able to get away from them in high school?'

Ji-ho hums as he casually places his arm on Yeo-ryeong's shoulder while leaning forwards to take a look at which class he is in for the year. Meanwhile, the atmosphere around Dan-I turns gloomy as people around them begin to gossip about how good Yeo-ryeong and Ji-ho looked together while blurring herself out.

"Dan-I."

Calling out her name alone was enough for Ji-ho to bring Dan-I back to her senses as she flinched for a moment.

"Even though we're in different classes, we'll come by to play. Don't look too heartbroken. Seeing you looking that sad...pains me."

Dan-I remained speechless with a '-_-' face as she stared at the tiny smirk that appeared on Ji-ho's face sneakily.

'This bastard! He's making fun of me even in this situation?!'

"Fuck off, I'll be fine without you. Thank you very much."

Dan-I retorted as she and Ji-ho continued their usual banter until-

"HEY! CAN Y'ALL MOVE? I CAN'T SEE WHICH GODDAMN CLASS I'M IN IF Y'ALL DON'T MOVE YOUR ASSES!"

All of their attention quickly went from Dan-I to a short female with orange, peach hair who glared at them with folded arms, one foot tapping impatiently as she waited for one of them to make a move.

"Hah? Maybe if you grew a few centimeters taller it would really help solve your problem."

Ji-ho decided to open his big, fat mouth to have a little taste of the devil that glared back at him. Grabbing the collar of his uniform with both of her tiny fists, she gritted her teeth and growled.

"I'm glad you are tall. It just gives me one more reason to dislike you."

Grabbing her collar back, both Ji-ho and the girl were about to raise their fists and start a fight until Eun-hyung and Dan-I came to the rescue.

"Ji-ho, wait! She's the one..." "That saved Yeo-ryeong and I at the beach the other day."

FLASHBACK