a leap of faith

"Oh right. On my way to school this morning, I was sworn at twice? They said that uh...'If I were you, I'd kill myself' I think...?"

"That bloody-"

"Hey! You didn't do anything wrong! Don't bother listening to that nonsense!"

Jung-in popped up in the middle of their conversation, causing Dan-I to misunderstand his words as she tried to hold it in.

"N-No I mean, I didn't mean to say that you should hold it in! I mean, don't care about those loud-mouthed people who don't even know anything about you!"

Taking off and slamming her headphones on her desk, Y/N turned her head around and stared at Dan-I's light brown eyes.

"You can think of it like this, people who hate you are just your confused admirers. They can't figure out the reason why everyone loves you."

Everyone was left speechless as an imaginary crow flew above their heads.

"WHAT?!"

"Nothing! Just didn't think you would be that wise, that's all."

Jung-in sheepishly scratched the back of his head as Y/N scoffed.

"Yeah, I may not seem wise, but my brother is."

"Oh, I thought you were going to compliment yourself. Continue."

"My brother always told me to 'speak boldly and with intellect. Never hush your voice for someone's comfort. Speak your mind, make someone uncomfortable'. Isn't he smart?"

"Yeah...Your complexion looks better today, compared to the past few days."

Coughing suspiciously as she patted her chest so that she could swallow her water, Y/N looked away before admitting that her brother had helped her get through the nasty comments yesterday.

"Aww, that's so sweet! What did he do?"

"Well, he surprised me in the morning with a tweet that he posted on my account that said 'Dear haters, I have so much more for you to be mad at. Just be patient.' And after that, he brought me to a place where we could just throw glass on the floor and smash them with a hammer. And lastly, after dinner, he taught me a few more moves to attack someone with a knife in their hands. That's so cool, right?"

"..."

Mina and Hye-hil just ruffled her hair lightly before taking out the strawberry pocky and banana milk so that they could keep the girl in her seat before she went on a rampage.

"Hey Dan-I, stand behind me, just in case."

The two of them quietly opened the door to the rooftop as they saw Yuri and Jae standing together.