the past

"Do you want a drink? I can get one for you-"

"Are you serious? What if the others find out I'm here?! I mean, if you don't mind, I'm really okay with sharing a bottle."

Chucking his bottle at Y/N who gracefully caught it, Ju-in took a seat next to Y/N on his bed.

"Hey Ju-in, can we just keep this meeting between us?"

Unable to reject Y/N with her pleading and puppy dog eyes, Ju-in nodded in agreement as he sat in silence, listening to what Y/N had to rant to him. Taking out two phones from her jacket pocket, she handed one of them to Ju-in who took it, staring at it in curiosity.

"...What is this?"

"I have two phones. I give the number of the phone that you're holding to strangers while I give the number of the phone I'm holding to my friends. Actual friends."

The phone that Ju-in was holding had no phone case and looked plain in particular while the other phone that Y/N was holding had much more decorations than the other one. Swiping up the screen of the phone that Ju-in was holding, showing him that there was no passcode needed to unlock the phone, Y/N opened up the 'Messages' app.

Never in Ju-in's life had he been more shocked.

Curses to insults were all included in the million messages that the app held. Looking up at Y/N who had a disappointed look on her face, Ju-in's eyes furrowed in worry.

"How long?"

"Since I was 11."

Ju-in said nothing else and continued scrolling through all the messages, each getting worse and worse.

"Their opinions don't matter much to me since they are strangers..."

Ju-in looked up from the phone screen to see Y/N sighing while she rested her head on his shoulder.

"But why do I feel stuff when I read those messages?"

Soft sniffles escaped the poor girl's mouth as Ju-in gently rubbed away her hot tears with the sleeve of his sweater.

"Even my therapist said I had no hope. Mommy said she regretted giving birth to a child like me and would have opted for abortion if she was given another chance. They even wrote me one of those messages-"

At this point, Y/N could not hold in her cries any longer and started bawling a little louder than usual, which stirred a little bit of confusion from outside.

"Ju-in, are you alri-"

Ji-ho's eyes widened the moment he saw the girl crying and rushed to her side almost immediately trying to calm her down while patting her head. Making eye contact with Ju-in who had concern and sympathy written all over his gaze, Ji-ho nodded before silently calling the other two heavenly kings in.

'What about the rest of the guys?' Ju-in mouthed the words to Ji-ho, who replied with 'they had all gone to sleep.' Only the four heavenly kings were awake now, except Chun-young who was suddenly woken up from his sleep.

' Only the four heavenly kings were awake now, except Chun-young who was suddenly woken up from his sleep