a strange text

"In fact, you pretended to be friends with Ban Yeo-ryeong because you wanted to be close to the four heavenly kings, and you were feeling jealous and inferior, so you talk about her behind her back, right? Otherwise, how is it that you were close to the girls who criticized Ban Yeo-ryeong behind her back?"

"But isn't it weird? Even if Dan-I did do that, what kind of idiot would use such a username that so obviously points to herself?"

Y/N and Mina gave each other a high-five as they both thought of the same thing.

"That doesn't mean you're in the clear, Y/N."

"Hey, it's L/N Y/N to you."

Scoffing at the girl, Jae folded her arms and leaned forwards to her.

"Well L/N Y/N, I feel extremely sorry for you."

"???"

"Must be tough having such a brother like yours."

Y/N's jaw tightened as her teeth clenched together and her fists were balled.

"Explain."

"One of the comments from the website said that your brother had been abusing you and your mother after your father had passed, was that true?"

Already at her maximum point, Y/N was so close to bursting until Jae said one more thing.

"I pity you for being related to such a jerk."

SLAP!

The entire classroom was silent as most of the people just stared or covered their mouths in shock at what had just happened.

Jae had a hand on her face where it was stinging and hurting the most with her eyes so wide and mouth agape while Y/N was looking down at the ground with her right hand desperately trying to wipe away the tears that were flowing.

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK THIS INSTANT!"

Grabbing the collar of her shirt, Y/N was about to raise her fist until someone pulled her back.

"Fighting her will only make it worse. People would then actually start believing those rumors. You wouldn't want that to happen, do you?"

Hye-woo whispered into her ear as he gently wiped away the tears that were streaming down her face.

"I'm going to take her out for a breather. Let's pause the conversation now before it escalates even further."

Jae glared at Y/N one last time before mouthing the words that Y/N read so clearly even if there were tears fogging her vision.

"This isn't the end, Y/N."

"Hey, did you hear?"

"Y/N was treated at a mental hospital before!"

"Her brother was so evil and abusive!"