Chapter Six

Murphy's Law Part One - Chapter Six

It had been a week since the fight with Murphy. No body had looked at me the same anymore. I frowned and walked around camp, trying to find someone I knew. I had fell asleep in the woods again last night, I think I should just set up a small tent for me there instead of sleeping out in the open. I liked being up on that hill, I felt safe and I could see the whole camp from here too.

I lingered by the gates, where Octavia was trying to get Jasper out of camp. He seemed nervous, looking around to make sure no one was going to jump out with a spear. I laughed lightly and gave him a small push.

"One foot in front of the other." Octavia encouarged him to step away from the gate. "Hey, whats wrong?"

"Hm? Oh nothing, I'm good." Jasper snapped out of it and gave us both a weak smile.

"Jasper, it's been a week, okay you've been given a second chance you gotta use it." Octavia wondered further, then she disapeered with a scream.

"Octavia!" I hollered, gripping onto Jaspers jacket.

"Octavia? Hey, Octavia!" Jasper slowly walked forward, he gulped nerously.

One of the guys from camp jumps from his hiding place with Octavia around his arm. She struggles with him for a moment before pushing him away and calling him a jerk. I looked to Jasper, he scoffed and began walking back to the gates.

"Jasper come on, there's nothing to be afraid of." I walked after him, he shook his head.

Jasper stumbled and fell onto his stomach, he looked ahead at something. Octavia and I helped him up, he was still staring at something. Two bloody fingers and a knife laid in the moss, Octavia and I shared a startled glance.

Ripping a small piece of cloth from my shirt I hastily wrapped the fingers up and stashed the knife in my pocket. We quickly scattered from the sight and went into Bellamy's tent, I got Clarke on the way.

I pulled out the two fingers and put them on the table, along with the with the knife. Clarke snatched the knife from the table and studied it. She frowned and flipped it over, looking over on the back side.

"This knife was made of metal from the drop ship."

"What do you mean?" Jasper asked, slightly puzzled.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asked.

"No one, we brought it straight here." Octavia glanced at her brother then back at the bloody fingers.

"Clarke?" Jasper asked again, wanting to know why she told them that.

"It means the grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us." Clarke said, I glanced around the tent.

"So there's a murderer in this camp?" Jasper said but then regretted it when he remembered I was standing beside him, I rolled my eyes.

"Well it wasn't me. Clarke, let me see it." I snapped and asked for the knife.

Clarke gave me the knife, I held it cautiously in my right hand. The black and yellow lines jogged a memory, I knew who this belonged to. I flipped the knife to the back and saw that I was correct, seeing the initials J.M.

"John Murphy." I said, everyone's head snapped towards me.

I placed the knife back on the table and looked down at it, Clarke picked it up again. I looked up to see Jasper looking down at me, I gave him a soft smile. Clarke sighed and walked around the makeshift table. Bellamy stood in the way of the exit, shaking his head.