Chapter Fifteen

Day Trip Part Two - Chapter Fifteen

I fell away from my sisters dead body. She had said I killed her. I was the murderer that everyone thought I was. I limped backwards and hazily watched my sister's corpse. My back bumped into a tree, I jumped at the touch. That sent me off into a frenzy, I would stumble back into another tree and then fall onto my butt.

When I looked back to where I had came from I didn't see Clarke any more. She was gone and so was I. No, I was gone the day I shot the guard, I was gone in that very second I took the deal from that lady. I was a murderer.

Tears raced down my cheeks as I stumbled through the darkening forest. The only thing guiding me now was the moon, which wasn't to bright tonight. I stopped hobbling and leaned against a tree to catch my breath.

I breathed deeply and let the air leave my lungs slowly, I needed to calm down. You just killed your sister, no need to calm down. My mind reminded me, I brought my hands up to my face. I slid down the side of the tree and fell into a crouched position.

I hugged my knees and sobbed loudly, not caring if a Grounder came out of no where and killed me right now. I deserved to die, after killing the whole group I deserved the worst. I brought my head up to look at the stars, I held my breath to keep from crying but I couldn't hold it in any more as another wave of sadness hit me.

I rocked back and forth, for how long I don't know. I felt my eyes drooping and before I knew it my body slacked and I fell to the side, passing out from tiredness.

I woke with a start. Pine needles stuck to my tear stained face. I furrowed my eyebrows together and wiped off the forest floor materials from my cheek. I sniffed and slowly got up onto my feet. I began walking normally but then wobbled a bit, my ankle was singing.

I frowned and remembered the purplish hue and that I would have to limp back to camp. I glanced back to where I was last night, Clarke wasn't lying there any more. My lip trembled but I held in the tears, I had cried a river last night.

I limped down a small hill, using tree's to balance my weight. Smelling the air, distant smoke pierced my lungs. Smiling I followed the scent as if I was a hunting dog, looking around every few minutes to make sure I was going to right way.

There was yelling in the distance, I stumbled over a large root and regained my balance by holding onto a tree, my ankle buzzed with pain. I pushed some hair out of my face and looked up, noticing a familiar wood wall in front of me.

"Who's out there?!" Someone shouted, their head poking out from the wall trying to study me but I was too far away.

I scoffed and staggered forward, something shiny poked out from the wall beside the scrawny teenager. He held a machine gun, pointing straight at me. I frowned and held up hands up so he wouldn't shoot. When did camp get machine guns?

"It's me!" I called up with all the strength I had left, his expression softened at my quiet shout.

"Come to the gate!" He hollered and waved his gun around, he disappeared.

I nodded and slowly made my way to the gate, the whole time using the fence to help me. I had thought about it this morning, on the way here. I thought about Clarke, and how that was real. But the other things that happened yesterday, killing the camp and my 'father' appearing, was not real. Those nuts I had eaten... They must of been bad, causing hallucinations or something.

I realized now that the moment I stuck my two feet in camp I would have to find out a way to tell everyone that I had killed my sister, I wished it was just a hallucination but I knew it was real. I still had her blood on my finger tips, something I would have to wash off but the memory would still be there.

I stopped walking, the gate was to my right. It was opening, someone desperately shouting on the other side. I slowly dragged my self in front of the gate waiting to see who was on the other side.

Bellamy stood there, a hopeful smile on his lips but a sad look in his eyes. The sadness reminded me of Clarke, the same haunting look. I blinked a few times trying to clear the tears from my vision.

Bellamy took a step forward. "You're okay."

I shook my head and looked at the ground, my face becoming red as the tears came back. I wiped my tears from my cheeks but it was useless as more kept coming. Bellamy lifted up my chin so he could see my blotchy face, I swallowed bile that was rising in my throat.

"Why are you crying?" He asked in a hushed voice, wiping a single tear on my cheek bone.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out but a strangled sob. I leaned into his chest and cried into his shoulder. Bellamy didn't seem to mind that I was soaking his shirt, he wrapped his arms protectively around my torso.

He rested his chin on my head and hummed calming words. I tried to smile but it faltered when more memories that I had just made with Clarke popped into my head. I took a few breaths and pulled back from his strong hug, noticing the large wet spot on his shoulder.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's fine." He smiled and kidded my forehead, his grip tightening.

"Bellamy?! Where is she?"

I closed my eyes, Clarke's voice. I was playing tricks on myself. I watched her die in my arms, she couldn't be here right now. I opened my eyes to see her, greasy blonde hair, blue determined eyes, but most importantly alive.

"Clarke?" I whispered in disbelief, moving away from Bellamy I tried my best to run over to my supposed to be dead sister.

She ran into me with a bear hug, we both held each other tight.

#shortchapter
#nevertakedrugskids

~Ava✌️