Chapter Twenty Four

LAST CHAPTER GUYS :'(
We Are Grounders Part Four - Chapter Twenty Four

Song that goes with this chapter - Here With Me by Susie Suh

There was firing in the background. I drummed my fingers against the dusty metal floor, waiting for him to reply. Screams came through the radio, everyone speaking so quick I couldn't really understand it.

I closed my eyes and tried to grab onto one voice on the radio, but eventually everyone was screaming the same thing. Fall back. I snapped my eyes open and felt terror rush through my body.

I jumped up at the sound of boots clambering down the ladder. Wincing, I held my head where I had hit it on the ceiling. A hand appeared from under the thick tube and wirings, next came Jaspers head.

"Hey." Jasper greeted us, he was covered in filth.

"Current flows to the electromagnet, that opens the poppet valve. Then rockets fire." Ravens tired voice came through.

Jasper nodded and crawled to where the orange wire was hanging out. Furrowing my eyebrows I watched him fumble with the wire. His fingers were shaking as the radio became louder, as people spoke about their problems gun fire rang about in the background.

"Okay, I got the wire graft on, what's next?" Jaspers voice was as shaky as his hands.

We all looked to where the hatch door would be. After a few seconds Raven didn't respond Jasper called her name, trying to see if he heard her. Frowning I moved myself onto my stomach, slithering under the tubing. A loud thud came from the upper floor when I was halfway out from under the jungle of wires.

MY breath hitched in my throat, Raven. I pushed myself forward with my hands and felt the wires move against my back. Something zapped me on my lower back, I shrieked from the buzz and scuttled forward. Back on my hands and knees I crawled towards the hatch door. before climbing up the ladder to see if Raven was okay I checked my back to see my jacket had a hole in it, exactly where the wire electrocuted me.

I pulled myself up the three ringed ladder and came face to face with Ravens boots. She was lying on the floor, her eyes were closed. Gasping I jumped up onto the floor and knelt by her side. Clarke was soon up here too, I moved out of the way so she could see if Raven was okay.

"Is she.." Jaspers sentence dropped off, he was still standing on the ladder.

"Not yet," Clarke shook her head. "But soon."

"Where did Finn go?" I ask, just realizing that he wasn't around.

"He went to go get medicine to slow the internal bleeding." Clarke says with a sigh. "He's not back yet."

"Internal bleeding? So no miracle?" I shudder.

Raven was going to be dead soon. I didn't want anyone to die, I don't think Raven wanted to die either. None of us wanted to die. The 100 was sent down here to start a new beginning for our race, not die in a war trying to. I swallowed and got up, my fists in a bawl.

"No miracle." Clarkes voice was enough to power my anger.

With a scream began to lash out. I threw things off of the tables, the little battle camp was now scattered in pieces across the floor. I brought my hands up to my hair and felt my knees buckle.

Falling to the floor I felt my body give in, tears pricking the corner of my eyes. I choked out a sob, my breathing becoming erratic. I felt someone come next to me, they wrapped their long arms around me and pulled them into their lap.

"Blithe, Blithe what's wrong?" Jaspers voice cooed softly, I opened my tear filled eyes to look at his concerned face.

"We're all going to die. None of this is supposed to happen, I've been thinking the same exact thing over and over again for the p-past few days. We're just children still, we aren't supposed to be fighting w-wars! And if I-I didn't kill someone maybe I wouldn't be down here right now, ma-maybe none of us would be in t-this damn situation!" The more I went on it was harder to breathe, tears streaming down my face. "And Ravens going to die."