Chapter Seven

Murphy's Law Part Two - Chapter Seven

I woke up with a start. There was shouting in the distance, the person seems very angry. Groaning I got up from my sleeping position on the forest floor and stretched, a crash went through the patch of woods to my right.

I furrowed my eyebrows and crept into the bushes, a small person ran up ahead. I jumped up from where I was and chased at them. I grabbed the collar of the girls shirt and spun her around to face me, she screamed bloody murder.

I put my bloody hand over her mouth, in the pale moon light I recognized who it was. Charlotte had tears down her cheeks, I pulled my hand off of her mouth and put a finger to my lip to keep her quiet.

"Charlotte, what's wrong?" I whispered and glanced around, the shouting was close.

I had only met the little girl once. She was yelling at the guards, I was there. It was before we both were sent into the Skybox. She was crying in the corner, and I was trying to calm her down. Moments later the guards came to bring her to the orphan home and she snapped.

"I killed him, I killed Wells." She told me, I took a step back from her.

"W-why?" I stuttered, I didn't expect a twelve year old girl to be a killer, no one did.

"I had to slay my demons." She whispered before taking off again.

"Charlotte!" I screamed and ran after her.

Charlotte moved fast through the forest, not stumbling once. I on the other hand fell a couple of times. My jacket and pants was full of mud from the rain a few days ago. I grumbled as I got up once again, Charlotte wasn't in sight.

A loud crash came from the bushes to my left. Jumping I moved away and found a large pointy stick on the ground. I picked it up and pointed it at the bush, slowly coming closer.

It jumped out of the bush and I dropped the stick, I let out a scream put my hands over my eyes. A hand wrapped my bloody mouth and muffled my scream, Bellamy.

He dropped his hand and held a finger up to his lip, telling me to be quiet. The crackling of a torch was near, someone was coming. I quickly hid behind a tree and pulled Bellamy with me. He stuck his head out to see if they were coming closer, I breathed heavily.

"I'm over here!" Screamed a girl voice, Charlotte was giving herself up.

I gasped and took off in a sprint leaving Bellamy to catch up. Murphy stopped when he saw me, his torch giving off light. I heard him and his group yelling in the distance, telling Charlotte to come out, telling her that they wouldn't hurt her. What a lie.

Charlotte stood out in the open, she screamed again, telling them where she was. I ran towards her and grabbed her wrist, tugging her after me. She pulled but I pulled harder, Bellamy ran beside me.

"Charlotte if they find us, they'll kill us!" I whisper-yelled and hid her behind a tree, she pulled from my grasp. Bellamy stood in front of us, panting.

"Just go! I'm the one they want." Charlotte told us, shaking her head.

"No, I wont let you die." I said softer.

Charlotte pushed me onto the ground and ran away from the large tree. I gasped as Bellamy pulled her over his shoulder, he glanced at me before he left. I got up, brushed the dirt off my knees and ran the other way, making a lot of noise.

The plan didn't work, Murphy and his friends followed Charlottes screams. Sighing I leaned against a tree trying to slow my heart rate. I stepped away from the tree and looked up at the canopy, the moon light scattered around me.