Chapter Twenty

The Calm (Only Part) - Chapter Twenty

I sat in the tent with Raven, as she needed someone with small hands. I took another top off of a bullet, handing her it soon after. Raven's eyebrows were brought together as she worked, but I saw her focusing on something else. I nudged her with my elbow and gave her a smile. She weakly returned one, looking back down to the ammo.

"What's for dinner?" Finns voice stopped me from twisting off another bullet top with a tool.

I sideways glanced at Raven. She was tensed and had stopped working too, she licked her lips before speaking.

"Split loads, turning one bullet into two." She says, her voice was wavering on the line of fake happiness.

"That's all she can do until she gets more gun powder, I'm helping her." I say proudly to Finn, he gives me a small chuckle.

"Jasper has a recipe, yesterday I saw him taking buckets from the latrine, I didn't ask." Raven smiles and splits one bullets gun powder into two, then she placed them in the finished pile.

"Is one of those for me?" Finn joked, placing a cold hand on my shoulder.

Raven responded but I got lost in my thoughts. I knew what was wrong with her, she must of broken up with Finn a few nights ago. That also made sense why she wasn't wearing her necklace for the past few days, I gulped uneasily and moved to the next bullets.

"I'm not keeping busy Finn, I'm keeping us alive." Raven snapped, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I'll see you later." Finn escapes from the conversation after a shaky breath.

"Wait," Raven gets up from her chair and turns around, I glance at the two of them before heading back to work. "We're good, we're good. We are, I just want you to be happy."

Licking my lips and set down another finger sized bullet, something exploded outside of the tent. Jumping up from the chair I was sitting in I worriedly followed after Raven and Finn. We ran outside, stopping when we saw the smoke house burning.

People were screaming, I watched the smoke house burn up in flames. I pouted when Murphy got up from were he was seated and punched someone in the jaw. Bellamy turned away from his sister and pulled Murphy away, stepping in between the two.

"Bell, now what the hell we're gonna do? That was all the food." Octavia shouted over the roaring flames.

Using my crutches I moved myself over to where Clarke was standing, she gave me a small frown as her gaze turned back to the burning building. I felt my stomach rumble, I internally groaned because I forgot to eat this morning.

It only took a half an hour to burn down, with the help of water soon all was left was burning embers. The crowd had dispersed after a while, I followed them, getting bored of standing out in the cold.

I had heard there was a meeting in the drop ship, so following Finn I listened as Bellamy told everyone that we were going hunting. Clarke exited the drop ship with Finn by her side, she flashed me a smile before leaving. Smiling innocently back I picked up a spear and looked around for a group, Bellamy walked towards me with a frown on his face.

"You're not going any where." He took the spear from my hand and dropped it back in the pile.

"Bellamy, I want to help!" I whined, going for the spear again.

Suddenly I was launched over Bellamy's shoulder, my crutches cluttering onto the ground. "Not today, missy."

"Put me down!" I say, but I couldn't stop the giggles erupting in my throat.