Chapter Twelve

Contents Under Pressure Part One - Chapter Twelve

The rain and wind pounded down on us and gave us no time to react. Tents were ripped apart, things were flying around camp, but the drop ship remained intact. I didn't help, I was useless and I made everything worse. Octavia's words got to me, causing me to sit behind the drop ship picking weeds as the rain poured down my back.

I was shivering but I was also too numb to move. The wind whipped my hair back and forth, snapping my only elastic and sending my brown locks in fury around me. I picked up yet another rain soaked daisy, its petals weighing down from the water droplets.

A loud crash sounded from behind me. I looked up to see the ladder from the drop ship slowly becoming detached, and if I didn't move soon I would be hit by it. Dropping the dozen or so flowers I had in my hand I pushed against the strong wind and walked around the drop ship.

People were running around camp, some trying to catch things, some others trying to not get caught up in the weather. Four guys were pulling on the left over parachute that usually hung over the drop ship door. They kept the wind from coming in but they were struggling, I couldn't help them.

Someone ran out from the drop ship, looking around for something. She stopped when she saw me, she ran towards me. Monroe was soaking wet by the time she got to me, she was breathing heavy.

"Your sister wants you!" She shouted over the wind.

I furrowed my eyebrows but nodded. I followed her inside, it felt weird not to have rain spattering across your face. There were about fifteen people wandering around on the lower deck, to my right was a table that Finn laid on, the knife still in his chest.

The drop ship doors shut behind me, creating a loud metal on metal noise. Clarke looked up from where she was peering at Finns wound and smiled when she saw me.

"Blithe, come here I need your help." She asked, calling me towards Finns body.

I shook my head, noticing that Octavia was standing on the other side of Finn. "No, I- ca-can't" My teeth chattered, my fingers shook.

Clarke dropped the cloth she was holding and came closer to me, she studied my face. She inhaled sharply and unzipped my coat, showing her my soaked shirt underneath. She pulled off my shirt and threw it on the floor, I shivered at the bareness of only being in my bra.

"Pull off your pants," She instructed me then shouted at someone. "I need a thick blanket!"

Someone who had a thick blanket around his shoulders gave it to Clarke, he checked me out before leaving. I blushed innocently as Clarke wrapped the blanket around me and told me to go to the upper level. I nodded slowly and passed Octavia, she gave me an apologetic look.

With my teeth I clamped onto the blanket and with my hands I pulled myself up the ladder to the second floor. I shakily made my way to a chair and sat myself down, huddling into the blanket. Bellamy came up through the hatch, he didn't notice me at the back of the room. A few people followed, carrying someone behind them.

It was the grounder from before, the one that kidnapped Octavia. They tied him up and stripped him down from his armor. Thunder cracked over head, I huddled into my blanket even more but still continually shivered.

I glanced over to see the Grounder push against his restraints, Bellamy told them to tie him tighter. He mumbled something and pulled out a knife that he probably stole from the Grounder. Octavia's head popped out from the hatch and see looked around and stopped when she found me.

Octavia jumped onto the floor and slowly walked towards the Grounder. My teeth chattered together. I looked down and clenched the blanket in my fist, this wasn't helping. My wet boots and socks weren't made for this kind of weather. With a grunt a I slowly pulled off each shoe and sock and curled my toes at the sudden air.