Chapter Nineteen

I Am Become Death Part Two - Chapter Nineteen

A song that goes well with this chapter - Need the Sun to Break by James Bay

Everyone took a step back in shock. He was dead, Derek was dead. I shakily moved my hand up ot my mouth to stifle a gasp. Clarke closed her eyes before getting up and splashing alcohol ont Finn's hands. He wearily asked what to do, as the two leaders were standing in the same room.

"Quarantine. Round up everyone who had contact with Murphy, bring them here." Clarke says to Finn, he stalks off.

"And everyone they had contact with?" Bellamy - once again - doubted Clarke's plan.

"Well, we have to start some where." Clarke says before turning to Conner who was resting on the floor, "Conner, who carried him in? Think, Conner."

Conner lazily looked up at us, blinking few times as he held his stomach. "The first one there was Octavia."

That set Bellamy off, he scampered out of the drop ship in need for his sister. I frowned and took a step back. Thoughts were rushing through my head right now, ninety percent was negative. Derek was dead, so who ever had the disease could die too. Clarke, I could actually loose Clarke. Gulping I snuck a glance at her, the blood that was under her eyes was now smeared into her dark bags; she looked dead. Her skin was awfully pale, and she had fair skin to begin with.

"I'm going to examine you, Blithe." Clarke notified me, nodding I sat down on a box and kicked it with my heels like a child.

Clarke went through a box where we stored cloths and scrap clothing materials. She brought one up to her mouth and grabbed a few extra's before coming back to me with a flashlight.

She asked me questions, I never liked questions. But I answered them firm and clearly so she would go to the next one. I opened my mouth like hse had asked me to, she shined a flash light and looked down my throat. Soon enough people were coming in, Finn walking with distance behind them.

She pulled away from me and told me I was done, Bellamy and Octavia entered the drop ship, Bellamy grabbing a cloth on the way in. He placed it over his mouth and stood by me as his sister got interrogated by Clarke. She fine, not having any of the symptoms just like me.

"She doesn't have symptoms, but that could change. Same with you, Blithe. You two need to stay here just in case ." Clarke informed us, Bellamy looked puzzled.

"No way. Look at this place, they'll get sick just being here." Bellamy ejected from the idea.

"Do you want to stop the spread or not?" Clarke asked, bringing down the cloth from her mouth. "Look I'll keep her on the third level where the people aren't symptomatic. Think of it as a way to keep her from sneaking out again."

"Screw you, Clarke." Octavia snapped.

"I'll let you know if her condition changes." Clarke told Bellamy, who was wasn't looking at anything in particular.

"What about Blithe?" He asked with concern, making my heart start to thump loudly against my rib cage.

"I'm staying here, with Octavia." I say, Bellamy licks his lips before heading out of the drop ship.

Octavia looks at me before grabbing at the fifth bar on the ladder, Clarke grabbed her shirt to keep her from going up. Octavia let go of the ladder and turned to Clarke with a snappy look.

"I need you to sneak out again." Octavia gave Clarke a confused face, but I knew what Clarke had meant.

"She wants you to talk to Lincoln." I say, Octavia nodded.