boys ain't shit

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

it seemed the pair of best friends weren't the only ones who had a glow up since middle school. the voice belonged to shin chorim, the 'social butterfly' back in the early teen days. but only the two could see past her friendly facade, aware that she only spoke in a backhanded and condescending manner.

maybe she had changed for the best.

"wow you guys look great! especially you yubin, almost couldn't recognize you without your acne. your skin cleared up so well!" she 'complimented' taking a sip of her cocktail.

"let me at her." jaemin whispered in her ear, willing to throw hands on her behalf.

before, 14 year old yubin would take the backhanded compliment, allowing people to walk over her due to her shy and non-confrontational nature. but now she thankfully developed the ability to stand up for herself.

"really? thank you so much but chorim you!" she plastered a smile across her lips "your outfit wow, i love the confidence you have to wear this. i wish i could embrace insecurities like you."

chorim let out an uncomfortable chuckle, unable to grasp the unexpected energy returned to her. she uncrossed her legs and straightened out her navy dress.

"you really have changed." she mumbled to herself before speaking up again "so glad to see you guys are finally dating."

"us? we're not dating." jaemin cleared up the misunderstanding "still best friends."

"oh well you guys didn't seem like relationship type of people so it makes sense." she shrugged swirling the olives in her martini. her eyes caught another person, gesturing them over to join the overly passive-aggressive conversation.

"what the hell is that supposed to mean?" yubin hissed quietly to the boy

"no idea but it's an invitation to pull that bitch's hair out, right?" he concluded. jaemin was never the type to ever involve himself in a fight since he was more of the watch and walk away unless his friends were included.

"yubin, jaemin meet taejoon!" chorim wrapped her arms around the incoming guest's torso. a tall slow-witted looking man with a mop of brown hair upon his head. their lips curled in disgust at the sight of an act of affection. "he's my fiancé."

the two listened to her endless babbles about their pointless love story whilst her fiancé chased round the waiter for more food like an untrained dog. it weirded them out so much how someone they used to share maths class was now planning to start a family. they were just at two different stages of life despite being the same age.

their old classmate was already organizing her dream wedding whilst jaemin and yubin recalled celebrating over finding a dollar on the floor the other day. they felt so small, lacking in so many ways.