dumping or dumpling

★彡

★彡

almost immediately, the two shook their heads, denying jinju's guess vigorously. nearly scoffing at the absurdity.

"us? exes?"

"that's a really funny thing to say."

"we're not even friends."

"opposite of friends actually."

donghyuk's date watched the two spew endless reactions of why her statement was crazy.

"really? just seemed like you guys had a lot of history together? i can sense the tension."

they exchanged a brief glance, locking eyes for longer than needed. for a hasty second, they agreed. it was something along the lines of that.

"nope, history books are empty." yubin words felt strange as soon as they escaped from her lips.

"what about the nicknames you guys have for each other." she added "princess and hyuk? i thought your name was haechan?"

what did she say?

yubin felt as if something heavy and metal was thwacked against the back of her head.

"you're fucking haechan?!" the words left her lips before she could think

the person her friends spoke so fondly about was this bastard? it finally made sense. the quick-witted, humourous kind son of a bitch. her friends did a good job of describing him. how did she not join the dots?

maybe it was because they forgot to mention the fact he was a spawn of satan.

the two fell silent from her sudden outburst creating an awkward atmosphere.

"sorry."

noticing a moment to leave, yubin grabbed the drink and made her exit "i'll replace this."

now with yubin gone, he returned to his date with a smile.

"i'm sorry about that and for the confusion. my name is haechan, hyuk is just something from our childhood," he explained

interested, the lady rested her chin upon her hand, leaning in.

"so she still calls you by your childhood name but there's definitely nothing going on?" she raised an eyebrow

"yeah, it was a small neighbourhood. don't worry about it, i moved on- i mean i moved away so we weren't that close." he stumbled with his words "cheese cake looks great right?"

"yeah sure it does." her words were unsure, obviously distracted not even looking at the cake just yubin. haechan gestured for her to taste it first. eagerly he watched her savour the sweet taste of the dessert.

"how is it?" patiently awaiting her opinion on the sweet treat.

jinju nodded approvingly, pushing the cheesecake towards him indicating him to take a bite too.