1 - Leilah

I've been requested as a surrogate for someone who goes by the name of Elijah Moreno.

According to his description, he doesn't have any children, no girlfriend, wife, fiancé, and he runs some kind of business. I requested information about him before agreeing to anything. If I have a kid, I won't give it to some horrible dickhead.

An appointment was scheduled for me at the clinic ten minutes from now, so I'm on the phone with my best friend Tyler right now as I drive there.

"Leilah, are you sure you want to do this?" he asks, his voice laced with worry.

"Yeah, I am. Besides, there's no way I'm turning down a hundred thousand dollars." I say back, laughing into the phone.

"You're in this for the money?"

"No, not... entirely. I want the pregnancy experience, even if I have to give the baby to someone else, it would be nice to experience it at least once in my life. Anyway, you know I don't do relationships."

"Why not?" he asks.

"Because, all the guys I've met are all just conceited assholes who always want to stick their dicks in something."

"That's offensive." he says, chuckling.

"You're an exception." I say with a smile. "Anyway, I'm here at the clinic. I'll call you when I'm done."

"Okay. Just be safe."

"I will be."

I hang up the phone and I tuck my phone in my pocket, stepping out of the car and shutting the door. I pull out my phone and I text this 'Elijah', telling him that I'm at the clinic.

I've met him once before and he seemed really closed off and mysterious, and honestly it kind of freaked me out, but on the plus side, he's freaking gorgeous. Who wouldn't want his baby?

I walk in and I mention that I have an appointment and they send me back to a room. I sit down on the bed and after a few minutes, a nurse walks in.

"How are you, Ms. Winters?" she asks.

"I'm good." I reply with a smile.

"That's great! You're here for an insemination, is that right?"

"Yeah."

"And you do know who the sample belongs to?"

"I've already met him."

"Alright then. Let's get started." she says brightly, putting on latex gloves.

After about two minutes, the process is done and I don't really feel any different.

"That's it?" I say, surprised at how quick it was.

"Yep. That's it. You're good to go."

I nod my head and I get up, going back to my car. I get a text and it's from Elijah.

"Meet me at my place."

My eyebrows furrow as I text him back.

"I thought the next meeting would be at the ultrasound?"

"We have some things to discuss."

I raise my eyebrow before replying.

"I'll be there in 30 minutes." I reply.

I get in the car to go back to my best friend's place. Yes, I live with Tyler.

Ever since my sister moved a few years ago, I've been living here with him. Tyler was a close friend of hers and my sister insisted I live with him after.