20 - Elijah

Well, I can't say I didn't see it coming. I knew she'd pull some shit like this. Now she's a liability. She won't shut up about this, so I know I'll have to do this by force.

"The fuck are you doing in my office?"

I know I'm drunk right now, but she's pissed me off tonight and she should know by now that I don't have a lot of control with my temper.

"I... I-I uhm... I don't..."

"Cat got your fucking tongue? Shall I ask again?" I say, taking long, overwhelming steps toward her.

I can basically hear her heart racing. Her breathing is quick-paced as she avoids eye contact, looking past me as she begins to speak.

"When were you going to tell me?" she asks, her words coming out shaky as if she's afraid.

"I wasn't planning on telling you anything. You just had to go and break one of my biggest rules. Now you've ruined this for yourself."

"Hm." she chuckles. "I've ruined it for myself, huh?" she says, shaking her head as she looks at me.

I can't stop the smile from spreading on my face. A look of anger consumes Leilah, and all at once, her palm connects with my face, slapping me hard.

"You're nothing but a liar. A scary little bitchboy. I'm leaving, and I wouldn't recommend stopping me."

"And what'll you do? Hit me again?" I say, amused at her sudden confidence. She ignores me and goes to her room, slamming the door.

She's lucky I didn't kill her once she even thought about putting her hands on me. If she weren't carrying the future to this mafia, she'd already be dead. As much as I hate to admit it, I need her. I know she's gonna make this hard for me, just because of that simple fact.

After a few minutes, I head downstairs to the kitchen and I grab a bottle of whiskey to pour it into a cup. With a smirk, Cayson struts over and plops down next to me.

"Trouble in paradise, hm?" he says, chuckling.

"This is anything but paradise. She found out."

The smile on his face vanishes and his lips are pinched together.

"About.. what."

"Us. What we really are."

"And how the hell did she find that out?" he asks, sounding almost angry.

"Listen, she went through my office. I knew I should've locked that door. And don't be a stiffass with me, how was I supposed to know she was gonna play fucking detective?"

"Look at what you did to her at the party. What you said. You basically told her. You should've seen it coming. All the signs were there, she's not stupid."

"Yeah, I see that now." I say, already pouring another glass.

Cayson sighs and grabs a glass to pour a drink in his cup. He gives me a look of worry and I can immediately read the expression on his face.

"What'll you do? You gonna kill her? You know we can't let her out into the world knowing about our secret."

"I won't kill her. She's carrying the heir to my throne, so that's completely out of the question. I'll just have to talk to her."