24 - Elijah

Leilah leaves my side to go and grab a drink. I watch her leave my side, and when she reaches the table, I turn back to conversation.

"You've done it. You're finally married. You're doing this mafia proud, Elijah." Daro says, patting my shoulder.

"You should be glad. I never even wanted this, I'm just doing it for the sake of the mafia." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Whatever you say, man. So, what'll happen tonight?" Cayson asks, raising his eyebrow. "I know the bride and groom want to profess their love for each other in more ways that words." he says.

"Fuck off. That's not happening tonight. Nonetheless, you do have to find another living space. I want the house for me and my wife. No one else."

"I fucking knew it." Cayson says, erupting into laughter.

He knows how me and Leilah are with each other, that's why he's making it his life mission to fucking aggravate me. All of a sudden, I feel Leilah's presence next to me again.

Is it weird that I can tell it's her? Maybe. Fuck.

"Elijah." she calls out.

Over Cayson and Daro's talk, I excuse myself from conversation and I turn to her with an angry look on my face. "What." I say, not really wanting to engage in conversation right now.

"Do you know him?" she asks.

If I didn't, he wouldn't be here. I figured she could put that together on her own, but I guess not. Jesus, I'm losing it right now.

Without even looking to see who it's is, I reply with "I know everyone here, why?"

The look on her face tells me that something's bothering her. Why can I read her so well? I mean, she doesn't exactly hide what she's feeling so I guess that's the obvious answer to this problem. I'm getting off subject.

She proceeds to inform me that some strange guy grabbed her arm and gave her a vibe she couldn't trust, and I can't be naive and set that aside seeing as that's a little strange coming from Leilah. She doesn't usually act this way at public gatherings, maybe because she's always so closed off and focused on playing her part. But why does it make me feel some kind of way knowing that someone else has touched her? Grabbed her in the way she explained it. Maybe it's just her being dramatic, but either way, it doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not the kind of guy who really enjoys killing, but if I have to bash someone's skull in tonight, I'd happily do it. Then she mentions his name.

"He said his name was Ramon."

My jaw locks in pure and raw anger.

Please don't tell me she's talking about Ramon Mozaeas. In that case, we have a huge fucking problem. She points to him and I huff in anger. I was right. Now knowing that Cayson's behind me, I tell him we have business to handle and as I expected, he follows suit.

I approach Ramon and he turns and gives me a sarcastic smile. "Old friend." he says.

"I'm about to wipe that stupid fucking grin off your face. You have about two seconds to get out of my fucking sight, or you'll be lying dead at my feet in the next three goddamn minutes." I say angrily.