34 - Elijah

"You seriously had sex with her sister? Are you fucking with me?" I say, unbelievingly.

"Listen, it just happened, just like how you and Leilah just started having sex. Now look, you're a happily married couple who just had their baby."

"That's different. She's lived under my roof for nine months. Karla's only been here a day and you've already managed to flirt your way into her panties."

"That just proves how much of a sweet-talker I am," he says, grinning. "Why are you so pissed about it?"

"Because I know you, Cayson. You're gonna be fucking someone else by the end of the goddamn night, and then Leilah's gonna blame herself because she also knows you and what you do, and she's already convinced that she can't parent Maverick the right way. She doesn't need the guilt of letting her sister fuck you on top of all that."

"I wouldn't do that. I'll be damned if I let anyone tap that sweet ass besides me," he scoffs.

"You're whipped after one night," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Apparently so were you," he claps back. "Plus I've got good reason. Let me tell you, the ass on her is just-"

"I don't wanna picture that, Cayson," I say, sighing. "Just don't fuck it up. Please." Then I walk away. I sit back down next to Leilah, and the baby starts to cry. Leilah starts to get up, but I stop her. "I got it."

She smiles and sits back as I walk upstairs to his nursery. I walk in, pushing the door slightly open, and Maverick sit in his crib, crying. I put his paci in his mouth and he relaxes as he sucks on it, going back to sleep. I kiss his head before leaving, keeping his door cracked open. When I head back down, I go to the living room and I sit back down next to Leilah.

"Is he okay?" she asks.

"He's fine. I put his paci in and he went right back to sleep," I say.

"Mmh.." she hums, looking me over.

I raise my eyebrow in intrigue. "What?"

"Nothing. I'm just now realizing how hard it's gonna be to get through six weeks without you touching me in any sexual ways," she says loud enough for only me to hear.

"We can do alternatives," I say back, smiling devilishly at her. "Making out never hurt anybody either. Do you know how much I enjoy kissing you?"

"I guess you're right," she says, looking up at me with that smile on her face.

Her eyes remain fixed on my lips and when I dart my tongue out to lick them, her eyes follow the movement with careful eyes. Suddenly, the doorbell rings. After a lingering look, I get up and I go to answer it. I see Daro standing there, a smile on his face.

"Daro. What are you doing here?" I ask, letting him in.

"I've just heard about the baby's birth. I came to see how things were going."

Just then, Maverick starts to cry. Leilah's already halfway upstairs which means she definitely sensed it before I did.

"Follow me," I say, going upstairs to his nursery.

I slowly open the door and Leilah's picking him up from his crib, and lying him on her chest, patting his back softly and whispering comforting words to him as she kisses his head. When she realizes that we're standing there, she gives Daro a smile.

"Daro, hi," she says.

"Something's different," he jokes, walking up to her and hugging her gently and kissing her cheek. I don't mind it. It's how he shows his affection to the women in his life, just like I do, for example, my aunt. It's good that Daro likes her so much. It'll be good for the mafia and anyway, it's better for her. "May I hold him?" he asks. Leilah willingly gives Maverick to Daro, and he grins in astonishment. "My God. Elijah's features are strong in this child. What's his name?"