5 - Elijah

I didn't mean to put my hands on her last night, but she left me no choice. I'm easily triggered and once I am, there's no stopping it. I won't lie though, what she pulled last night has my brain scattered. I'd be lying if I said it didn't keep me wanting something more. So I did what every man does, and no, I didn't have sex with anyone.

I rest in my bed, scrolling through my phone, checking on everything when I suddenly have the urge to use the bathroom. After I'm finished, I throw on some sweatpants and I go downstairs, shirtless. I arrive downstairs and I look in the living room to see Cayson and Leilah sitting on the couch together, laughing and watching TV. I make a slightly disgusted face and I roll my eyes.

Yes. I'm jealous, so what?

"What, are you two dating now or something?" I say, looking directly at Leilah. She rolls her eyes at me and it feels like a punch to the gut. Cayson's eyes snap to mine and he gets up and grabs my arm, dragging me into the lobby. "What the fuck?" I say, snatching my arm from his grip and staring daggers into him.

"She told me what happened." he says, clearly angry.

"The fuck are you talking about?"

"You put your hands on her? And you threatened to kill her? The woman is having your baby, you fucking dick! You left a handprint on her fucking throat!" he whispers violently.

"You pussy whipped or something? Whatever happens between us doesn't have anything to do with you."

"You know I'd never fucking try that. And it does have something to do with me if you're basically fucking abusing her."

"What are you saying?" I say, squaring up to him.

He remains calm as he replies.

"All I'm saying is you should probably stop acting like a conceited asshole and treat the mother of your child a little better. Maybe you'd get along better." he says.

"And what if I don't fucking want to? What are you gonna do about it?" I spit back, still angry.

"Nothing. That's between you and her. But if you lose her, you lose the only person who actually cares enough about you to give you something as valuable as a child. Don't chase her away with your hair-triggered mood swings. I know that somewhere beneath all that anger, you can do better than that."

"Since when do you fucking care?" I say angrily.

"I'm done talking about this." he says. Then he walks away.

I walk away with a huff and I go up to my office. I need to take my anger out on something. I look over to my drawer and I unlock it with the keys on my desk. When it clicks open, I reach in and I grab one of the files sitting in it. A bounty. This one goes by the name of Gerald. Owes me one million and he's been on the run, but recently he's popped up on my radar and he's in the city. I get up and I go to my room to put on my classic black suit, then I go to my office to grab a silenced weapon, tucking it in my pants and covering it with my tux jacket. As I walk out, Cayson calls after me.

"Eli!" he calls out, jogging to the door.

"What." I reply, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"Where are you going?"

"Hunting."

"Don't do anything stupid."