Telephone

The Fat Controller picked up the telephone once more. He dialed in a number and waited for someone to pick up.

What followed was the voice of a male. "Hello, sir! Wonderful to be hearing from you."

The Fat Controller let out a smile. "Erm, yes sir. Would I be able to speak to Kitty please?" He asked.

"Sure thing!" The man said. "Darling, it's for you!"

Mrs. Kyndley came on the phone. "Hello?"

Sir Topham Hatt smiled even more. "Hello, it's me!"

"Oh hello, Bertram!" Mrs. Kyndley smiled. "How are you feeling?"

Sir Topham Hatt thought for a moment before answering. "I have contacted the forensics team and they found out how that inspector died over a month ago and I feel like I may be onto something, but I need to head over to the United Kingdom. Because of the fact that I trust you with my life, I ask you... would you be alright with being put in charge while I am gone?"

"Oh my. How long are you expecting to be gone?"

"Two weeks at minimum, maybe three, but no more than that."

Mrs. Kyndley pondered the offer. "Well. You see, I have a husband and two kids I need to take care of and-."

"You can bring them with you! They can get rides on the engines if you would like, free of charge! I have enough room for you guys to fit in and eat!" The Fat Controller chuckled.

Mrs. Kyndley beamed with delight. "Well of course, I will do it then! I just want someone to do this with. It's my first time around and I would like to stick with someone who knows what they are doing."

The Fat Controller nodded and thought. "Hm. Maybe I could have Jem Cole come and help if he isn't too busy."

"Splendid!"

Just then, the Fat Controller's Assistant walked in. "Excuse me, sir. I have brought some terrible news."