Retcons (Author's Note)

God. Why are there so many Author's Notes in this chapter?

This section is just to address what things I have changed in the story and some things that I have changed in the story that are no longer in effect anymore.

Problems with Previously Made Changes:

•Prototypes. There are so many prototypes in the story. Some are for reasons that align with the story like Watson. Some are for reasons that they actually were a prototype or one off engine in real life like Dennis or Fergus. But some... NAMELY BOCO AND JAMES (DIESEL 10)... are for the sole fact that I wanted to include them, but didn't realize they were created after 1957, the year I had the story take place. Time in the TV Series really messes with my head. This lapse of judgement is entirely my fault and therefore, I will fix it.

~To fix this problem~
The story is now set in 1958 just one year after when the story was originally supposed to be set. This also makes BoCo and James no longer prototypes, but rather one of the first of their kind.

•Toby's Shed. I might have already fixed this, but at one point, I had Toby's shed be at Arlesdale End, but I made Toby's Old Line be in repair.

~To fix this problem~
I moved Toby's Shed to Hackenbeck. Therefore, he is not too far from Mrs. Kyndley and just a bit away from Ffarquhar so if he chooses to, he could rest there instead.

•The story taking place in Season 1. This in itself makes everything fucked. I made it so that Henry was built right the first time, moved the entire story of Season 1 up by several years. Everything was a huge cannoli of a mess.

~To fix this problem~
I have made this story set just after BoCo came to Sodor. Roughly same time, just moved up a tiny bit, so everything still makes sense.

Now for things that I have changed that will remain the same:

•Donald AND Oliver saved DOUGLAS from being scrapped. This will be expanded upon later, but instead of it being Oliver who was save from scrap (and apparently so only him in the TV Series), I decided Escape should have the role swap and that all three of them arrive on Sodor for the first time together.

•All the engines that arrived on Sodor after Toby's disappearance. If you choose to follow the TV Series in episode order as the true canon to this story, you may find that a lot of characters who were in later seasons had come long before they were due. This includes, but is not limited to: BoCo, Arry, Bert, Splatter, Dodge, Watson, Stepney, Fergus, and Neville. Just wanted to have more a variety of characters. You know what I mean?

•Diesels having a heart. I know Awdry hated diesels and that's why he made them antagonists whether primary like Diesel or secondary like Mavis, but one thing remains for certain, I made them nicer. It makes for a better story when you can care about all the characters, even the ones who might have been bad.

•Lastly, Diesel 10 not having a claw. Don't worry, he's still a villain. Sometimes, you don't need a big sharp object to be menacing. What matters is your presentation. How much on the evil side do you think and make yourself out to be and what is your end goal? In Diesel 10's Case, it's clear. To either rid of every last steam locomotive or make all their lives a living hell.

So yeah. That's cool I guess.