Final Destination

James, like he was scheduled to, brought Donald's goods train to Vicarstown. The journey was brisk and he was right on time. He left the goods train on the siding where he was told to put them. He then made sure nobody was looking when he made a break for the bridge.

The plan James had told Douglas and BoCo was just as difficult as the latters have imagined. There were many diesels on the other railway and despite not having to go too far into England, he still had to encounter a few. James was lucky enough to get all the way to the scrapyard at Barrow before having any problems.

Outside the gate, James was greeted by a Class BR 42 Warship. "Halt!" The diesel fumed. "What is your purpose here?"

James had to think up an excuse and fast. Otherwise, the diesel would be onto him. He quickly hatched a plan.

"You see..." James started, "I am here to collect a few pieces of scrap or engines that need to be scrap. My controller sent me here to do so! We heard about your recent surplus in scrap and how it is so much, so I am here to hopefully alleviate some of your troubles!"

James could only hope this would work as the Warship eyed him suspiciously. He licked his lips and said, "I thought we would be getting a diesel."

"Erm, yes. Well, you see, his fuel filters were clogged and is currently getting mended. I hope you accept our sincerest apologies." James told the Warship.

The Warship thought. "Alright, I suppose we can hook you up with some. You might need to make more than one trip though. We are low on flatbeds. Clydesdale and Eustace will show you around. Come on in." The Warship backed up as the gate started to open.

James knew that there was no turning back now. He puffed in slowly, looking around for the remains of a GER Class C53. He felt it would be obvious had they taken him here. An Eastern Locomotive in a Western Scrapyard wouldn't look right. He was introduced to two Class 08's.