~ 3 ~

She was enjoying herself so far, laughing and chatting with Ben when they had time and finishing up her work quickly and easily. She loved this class, and she guessed that Mr Bell loved her, because who wouldn’t like a student that was well involved in their class. Everyone in that class was very welcoming, smiling, waving, making her feel safer than she ever felt in this environment and she couldn’t help but wonder why.

Was it because her father was the Chief of Police, or was it because they thought she was a pretty nice girl? She didn’t know, and at the moment she didn’t care, choosing to instead enjoy the warmth that was provided in the classroom.

“So gym, you're gonna join everyone?” Ben smiled, the teacher was done for the day and everyone was either talking or minding their own business, “not to be rude but aren’t you still technically sick?” He was curious he only heard little about Aurora from Angela, and he was sure the girl was bound to change after a while.

“No,” She pouted, “I’m not allowed to join in on the activities right now.” She seemed sad, and in a way she was, but she was also thankful because that meant she could text Jacob or Leah to tell them what was going on and about her new friends.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Ben scratched at his head, “you can always watch us play with each other, we can get pretty competitive.” He grinned, “must I say I’m the best there is at soccer!” He flexed and Aurora gave a small giggle, she had no doubt that Angela was lucky to score such a funny and sweet boyfriend.

“I will! I’m sure you’ll destroy everyone on the field!” She cheered for him, the both of them giggling and teasing each other.

She thinks she’ll stay, this school was filled with nice people so far and she was making such good friends, she thought it’ll be like her old school, but everyone here either stuck to themselves or stuck to their friend group. She considered herself to be lucky about that, because most people didn’t care to strike up a conversation with her if they weren’t interested.

“Good, cheer for me only, because Angela is so going to get destroyed.” He struck another pose, snatching up Aurora’s bag to carry out the door once the bell rang.

“No, I think Angela’s gonna beat you.” Aurora shrugged, “she might look all brains but I bet she could beat you.” She teased, though when Ben’s eyes widened, she felt like she had crossed a line.

“All brains?” He looked confused for a second before smiling, “yeah right,” He bursted out laughing, “Angela’s kinda a clutz if we’re being honest but he hasn't been here long enough to see that.” He looked pink in the face at the joke and Aurora could do nothing but smile, at least he wasn’t offended by her basically calling his girlfriend a nerd.

“Mike’s gonna love you.” He took a breath in, “He’s so gonna love you with that type of humor.” He spoke of another boy and Aurora felt tense already, she didn’t really want to get too close to so many boys, and she also was a little curious about Ben’s friend Mike. If he was friends with him then the guy had to be just as nice and funny right?

Wrong, she sat in the bleachers with the said boy basically attached to her arm. He spoke of his girlfriend like she was just a friend and didn’t mind touching her and bringing her in for hugs when she didn’t want or ask for them. This Mike person sure was a character.

“Need someone to show you around school? I can show you the best places to chill at when you have free time.” He smiled, he looked like a nice person, but his touchy nature didn’t really make her feel very good.

“N-No thank you.” She coughed, “I’m already being shown around later by Angela.” She gave a fake pout, trying to seem nice, but Mike only shrugged.