Chapter 4: Overwhelming Darkness

After the one-sided battle, Akano and Mirio were on the side talking to Class 1A about their quirks and the difference in levels they were at compared to then. It was clear that the whole class was not happy about getting defeated by them especially saying that Mirio had 2 quirks. Mirio, Akano, Nejire, and Tamaki talked about what it took to reach their level and that it would have to take a lot of hard work to make it to that point. A lot of people were curious about who they had to study under, Akano replied:
"I've been studying under Endeavor since I was in my first year. He's very strict and pushes you far beyond your body's limits daily. Luckily, I've had training with another pro hero since I was seven. If it wasn't for him... I don't think I would have been able to make it this far."

The whole class looked at Todoroki in shock as they heard Endeavor's name. Akano however was looking at Aizawa with a big smile. Even though Aizawa brushed it off, he acknowledged the comment and was still grateful for how far Akano came since he was younger.
"Well! It's time for us to head off!" Mirio said as all four of them waved everyone in class 1A goodbye. The class was talking amongst themselves about the whole experience and it was clear that the four of them left an unforgettable impression on them.

•••

As the four of them were walking down the hall, Nejire asked Mirio and Akano: "So who was your favorite in the whole group? It's so strange!"
Akano was thinking about it because he wasn't so sure besides the obvious. Izuku Midoriya.
That's when Mirio said: "Well the problem child was definitely the most interesting. He anticipated both mine and Akano's moves and nearly caught me off guard. He's someone Sir would like!"
"He was really good! He actually caught me with a counter when I was fighting him. Though he didn't realize that my quirk makes me stronger with every hit I take. I can't wait to see him train and get stronger."

As the three walked out of the school, Akano got a phone call.
"Huh? Oh, Akano your phone is ringing! Who is it? Who is it?" Asked Nejire all excited.
Akano reached into his bag and pulled out his phone, and read Endeavor Sensei.
"Oh, Crap it's Endeavor Sensei!" As he answered, Endeavor spoke.

"Akano. I need you to report to HQ ASAP."

"Yes Endeavor sir, is something wrong?"

"I'll debrief you when you get here. It's urgent."

"Yes sir! I'm on my way."

"Hey guys I have to go. Seems like it's an urgent matter! See y'all later!" As Akano bolted away in a hurry.
The three were left there seeing their redhead sledding away towards Endeavor's agency, they were chuckling as they kept walking.
"I'm amazed how much Akano has grown over the past years. Being able to work under such an incredible hero like Endeavor must have been the best news for him." Mirio said with a big smile on his face.
"Well, I can say the same about you, Togata. Both you and Akano had a growth spurt when training under the pro heroes now." Nejire said, reminding them of how far they have gotten since their first year.
Mirio looked up at the UA building and smiled.
"It's crazy to think of how much has happened since we started. Well, let's see if we can grab some food! My stomach is empty after that fight haha."
Nejire and Tamaki nodded and made their way to eat at a nearby ramen shop.

[Later... at Endeavor's HQ]

As Akano entered the building, he was greeted by the ladies at the desk.
"Good afternoon, (L/N)!" Said Hana, who now at least hadn't forgotten who he was again.
"Hey Ms. Hana and Ms. Nagisa! I got a call from Endeavor. I'm just here to go and meet him."
"He is in his office, go up right ahead." Said Nagisa as she waved goodbye with a smile on her face.
Quickly bolting to the elevator, Akano went up to Endeavor's office. He was feeling a bit nervous and uneasy since it was an urgent call but still unsure of what it could be about. It wouldn't be the first time that he would get a call like that from Endeavor, but his curiosity was still peaked.