Chapter 13.5: Restful Redemption

A few days passed, and Akano was now back home still resting in the hospital after the whole incident with Curator back at Narukami City. Once he was regaining consciousness, he saw Nejire resting by his hospital bed. It seemed like she was there overnight just waiting for Akano to wake up. No doubt about it, Akano smiled with joy... as he passed his hand over Nejire's head.
"What would I do without you?"
Whispering in a low tone of voice before seeing the tired Nejire waking up to see her boyfriend finally awake.
"Akano! You're finally awake!"
As she tackled him and hugged him tightly. Unknowingly in Nejire's excitement, she was squeezing the remaining life out of Akano.
"B-babe... can't... breath."
"Oh! Sorry sorry! I just... I'm just glad you're awake. I was already worried about you leaving out the city for a mission. Then I come to find out that was hospitalized! I told you to be careful!"
With an angry pout on her face, she was bopping Akano on the head, just adding more to his dizziness.
"Babe. Stop. Please. I feel like I'm about to pass out again."

Nejire stopped and decided to sit next to Akano on the hospital bed to cuddle him.
"I'm just glad you're alive, but you have to tell me what happened over there."
"Oh trust me... it's a long story."
"Well it's 4 am and I'm all ears."
Akano cleared his throat and started from the very moment Akano and the Flaming Sidekickers landed in Narukami City.

It felt surreal and it really shook Nejire how everything turned out, but the moment she heard about his new ability, she was worried about how it affected him. However, the more Akano explained it, the more intrigued Nejire was.
"So the Tiger spirit is living in your head?"
"Basically. Though, it was like we merged bodies and the time we were speaking."
"Is he currently here now?"
"Not right now. While I was knocked out, I was able to speak with him some more. It's crazy to think that I would have some kind of vestige in my conscious."
"What did you two talk about?"

•••

[During the unconscious state]

"Well. Looks like we were able to finally defeat him in the end."
The Tiger Man Vestige spoke with an exhausted expression on his face.
"I'm just glad it's finally over, but we are going to be knocked out for a while."
The Tiger Man Vestige started chuckling to Akano's comment.
"A time for rest so we can recover from that insanity? I'm all for it."
The two of them were in a blank plain in the mind of Akano. This gave Akano some downtime now to get well acquainted with his new friend.
"By the way... I never got the chance to ask you, but what's your name?"
The Tiger vestige smiled and pointed to himself.
"My name is Akano."

There was an awkward pause. It took a while for Akano to process what he heard.
"What? No that's my name."
The vestige was visibly confused, but that was when Akano remembered the incident during the "takeover process" that the vestige was taking all of the information, quirk, and backstory and making it his own.
The Tiger spirit was staring at Akano even more confused not really sure how to respond.

The two stood there for a while until Akano spoke up.
"I got an idea. How does the name Tengen sound?"
"Hmm, it does sound like a really cool name. Tengen it is!"
Looking back at Tengen's previous behavior the day they met, it has changed drastically to the point it matches very close to Akano. A little... too close.

"Well I won't lie, our combined powers really put us on par with many top-level heroes. We were at the brink of death the whole time but we somehow survived."
"That's true, but with how bad the overall control of our power was holding us back. That last punch was a miracle that it was finally focused on that fixed point. However, I don't even remember how that happened."
"We definitely got a lot of training to do if we want to master the control of our powers together. The flow of energy was out of whack."
Tengen nodded.
"So how can we train that?"
"Hmm... well I think we can train here in the unconscious state that my mind is in."
"What about outside of here?"
Akano took a moment to think.
"The best we can do is put our training to the test when I'm awake."
Tengen nodded and smiled.
"It's settled! Let's get to training now!"
"You got it!"

•••

[Back at the Hospital Room]

"That's pretty much all we talked about."
Nejire was interested and was excited to see what this ability looked like.
"Well, I can't wait to see you continue getting stronger."
"For sure! I'll do everything I can to surpass Mirio!"
"Soon, but you won't be able to surpass him in your current condition. Rest well so that you can be the best hero this world will ever have."

Akano smiled as he passed her hand across Nejire's cheek, making her blush.
"Thank you, but WE are going to be the best heroes the world will ever see."
She smiled back at him as she lifted her hands up to hold Akano's hand.
"I am so grateful that I got to meet someone like you."
"I can say the same about you, Nejire."
The two shared a kiss and held each other tightly. It was a sweet moment they shared as this was the day Nejire was going to head out for her mission with Mirio and Tamaki for the raid against the Chisaki hideout. When Akano heard about this mission, he was concerned as he remembered that incident that Mirio went through with Midoriya. However, he believed that they will make it back and he will be ready for them on the next mission.

During the time after the massive incident in Narukami City with Curator and companions, Isana was sitting in his jail cell wondering where everything went wrong. His mind was still shaken after the encounter with his childhood friend Shiina. As he thought about all the events that led him down this road... to where he lost everything in his life. However, life works in very strange ways.

"Isana Mizuki. You have a visitor."
The police officer opened his door and walked in to escort Isana to the visitor window. His quirk was temporarily disabled during the time of his sentence, but to Isana's surprise... he wasn't sure who would come by to visit him.

When he sat down and he was surprised to see Gang Orca sitting in front of him.
"Isana Mizuki. You have changed a lot since the last time I saw you."
"What brings you here, Mr. Orca."
"When I heard that you were behind the attacks in Narukami City, I had to come by and talk to you. I remembered you were a star student in marine biology and were gifted an internship to work in Hero Supports."
"Yes... thank you for reminding me where things in my life changed."
"Exactly. How did someone who was quirkless suddenly get a quirk out of the blue during the time of your internship?"
Isana was quiet. The moment he was reminded about the day his whole world shifted, he tensed up.
"Struck a nerve I see."

Isana was so upset but didn't even know how to react properly that he started tearing up on the human side of his face.
"Isana... I came here to ask you these questions because I want to help deliver justice against the people that did this to you. Who was the one behind this? Who was in charge of Hero Supports at the time they brought you in?"
Isana was picturing the face of the man... white hair... red eyes... uneasy smile... everything. The name echoed and echoed in his mind over and over again... until Isana looked up at Gang Orca.

"He went by the name..."

"Shigiraki."