Chapter 5: A Beacon Of Hope

As Akano was heading out of Endeavor's agency, he decided to call up Mirio to see where they were at. He felt bad to have left in such a hurry, but it was definitely some urgent news. As he continued to walk, with the phone still ringing, Akano was thinking about his new assignment. That was when suddenly from behind him like a random jump-scare.
"Hey Akano!"
"Ah! What the heck, Kamiji?!"
As Burnin appeared behind him with her usual goofy antics.
"I couldn't help myself." Laughing as her teammate's screaming.
"You are still as childish as ever."
Akano said as he kept walking. Burnin started walking with him before continuing the conversation.

"Aren't you excited for this stealth mission we got assigned?"
"I want to be excited, but I'm nervous of going to a whole new location for this crime boss. It's like a manhunt that could be out of my level."
There was a brief pause, Burnin put her hand on Akano's back. She was shorter than Akano, but she still wanted to try and comfort her partner.
"Don't get too worked up. You've been training with the best in all of Japan, I'm sure it will be a cake walk. Just don't worry too much each either. After all, you'll have me to keep you entertained with all my awesomeness." Following up with a self boasting laugh, Akano started laughing too as she punched his arm.
"See?! I can definitely lighten up the mood!"

Kind of a funny story how these two even got along. The first time they met was when Endeavor was training Akano in the gym. When she walked in she was shocked to see him and asked: "Oh you finally brought your son here?! About damn time." Which left both Endeavor and Akano in shock as they looked at each other and then back at Burnin. When she realized that they weren't related, she just kept laughing at the similarities both Endeavor and Akano shared. The physique, the hair color, the burning passion to get better. All in all, they worked on patrols together and shared some good laughs here and there, but that was just in the beginning. After Akano grew in both experience and skill, he was doing work that leveled him just as close to Pro Heroes than many of his colleagues. Even though he is ranked 2nd under Mirio Togata, Akano's experience on patrols and missions far outweighed his friends but U.A only really focuses on your performance within the school, rather than outside the school.

As Akano approached the house of Burnin, they were ready to say their goodbyes. However, before Akano departed, Kamiji spoke up.
"There's a lot of things we need to get ready for Akano. I know that you can do it and it's all going to be alright. Just keep your head up ok? You have my number, call me if you need anything."
This was a genuine surprise from Kamiji as despite her overly sarcastic and over the top attitude, she had a good heart. She rarely showed it, but when she does... it's usually when she herself is worried. Normally no one would pick up on it, but if you hang out with her long enough... you'll find that hint.
"I appreciate it, Kamiji. I'll definitely catch you later... we are going to have to be ready for the helicopter pick-up soon."
"You got that right. It's all going to be great! Because we are the Flaming Sidekickers! Have a good night!"
"You too, Kamiji." As Akano waved her goodbye before leaving. The sun was down, and the street lights slowly started turning on. The lights illuminated the streets, as well as all the headlights of the cars passing by. It was a very calming night before suddenly it started raining. It was going to be a bit of a long walk back home.

 It was going to be a bit of a long walk back home