Chapter 18: Smile! Don't Stop Smiling!

A/N: This is going to be a really long chapter and this chapter had me crying for while with how important it is!

I really hope you all enjoy it!

_____________________________________

The U.A Festival is finally underway! Everyone in UA has been working tirelessly as they were setting up for the festival just before it officially began. Akano, Tamaki, and Yuyu were helping Nejire getting everything set up for the pageant. It was very tiring for both Tamaki and Akano since they were doing most of the heavy lifting of the equipment for the stage, but they both knew it was for a very good reason. Tamaki and Akano were walking down the main hallway towards Nejire's waiting room.
"I knew there would be a lot of work, but holy cow... this was way more than I thought."
"You got that right. Hopefully Nejire and the others are doing just fine on their end."
Akano and Tamaki stopped as they realized they were by the changing rooms. Tamaki ended up blushing from embarrassment as he spoke up.
"I think we should wait for them over there. I don't want to be caught here thinking we are snooping around."
"I-I think you're right. Let's wait over there better."

Akano and Tamaki were standing by the wall down the hall waiting for Nejire and Yuyu to come out, but then they heard their names being called out from the other side of the hall.
"Hey guys! Whatcha both doing out here?"
It was Akari who had called out for the two which surprised them both.
"Hey Akari! What brings you here?"
"I'm here to help Nejire with getting ready for the beauty pageant. I figured it'd be nice to lend Yuyu a hand with helping her get ready. Didn't want to leave all the work on her shoulders."
Tamaki was surprised to hear that Akari had signed up to be one of Nejire's helper as well.
"Wait you signed up too, Akari?"
"Of course I did Babe. I heard you two were going to help her out from Yuyu so I asked if I could join as well. She was more than happy to have me help her out with Nejire."
"Oh. Well I'm glad you to see you here."
Akari stood there smiling at Tamaki, who was smiling back at her. It was cute... but it started getting awkward for Akano.
"Uh... you guys want me to give you some alone time?"
"W-what?! N-no! It was... nevermind!"
With her cheeks flustered red from embarrassment, Akari stormed off towards the changing room to meet with Nejire and Yuyu. Akano was left dumbfounded.
"The hell was that? Is she ok, Tamaki?"
"I have no clue. She started acting a little strange several days ago, but I don't know if I should ask to see if it was something serious."
"Well hopefully it's not anything bad."
The two boys were standing there clueless as they shrugged it off before Akano spoke up.
"Want to grab some food?"
"Sure. I could use some food in my system."
The two boys marched on outside to look for something to eat.

Meanwhile Akari had walked into the changing room as she was mumbling to herself. She looked worked up about something that when Nejire and Yuyu looked back to see their friend walking in they were curious on what had happened. That was when Nejire noticed her face was completely red as if she was angry or upset about something.
"Hey Akari! Is everything ok?"
Nejire, using her quirk to float herself towards to Akari.
"It's just Tamaki. Ever since that mission with Overhaul, I've been so worried about him and making sure he doesn't overwork himself. So we've been spending a lot more time together and I just..."
Akari looked down very worried with the thoughts that were rushing through her head.
"... I just want to do something special for him."
Nejire was thinking for a bit, but Yuyu who had a smirk on her face, chimed her curiosity in as well.
"Ohhh what kind of special were you thinking of?"
Yuyu was teasing Akari, which made her face beam red from embarrassment. It was only until Nejire realized what they were talking about as her cheeks had a tint of red on them.

"Not that kind of special, you perv! I just haven't see Tamaki smile much like he usually does. It was like something happened on that mission that is worrying him or bothering him."
"Hmm... well he was hurt pretty badly on that mission, but that's a hero thing. Akano always came back looking like he barely survived a war zone. You should see the look on Nejire's face each time that has happened. It's just normal."
"I know... but I just want to help cheer him up. Maybe do something different or cute for him."
That was when Yuyu came up with the craziest idea ever.
"Might as well compete in the pageant or something. Surprise him looking like a total goddess like how Nejire looks."
Nejire got all excited from hearing Yuyu's crazy idea.
"That sounds like a great idea!"
Oppositely Akari's face was pale and least excited hearing that idea.
"No way. I can't compete in this pageant! I don't even have a dress to wear."
"Hmm that is true, but there is something you can do."
Akari and Nejire looked at Yuyu curiously. What was their sporadic friend scheming in her head this time?