Chapter 16: Preperaions For The U.A. School Festival!

Sometime had passed after the events of the battle with the Heroes vs Overhaul, Akano made a full recovery after his fight with Curator that he got his cast removed. All was calm for once as Akano took the opportunity to take some time off from patrols to rest up and get back into training. Akano was in the living room sitting down with his eyes closed, focusing as an aura was radiating off of him. Unlike before, he was drawing out the power from within as Tengan popped back into his consciousness.
"Yo, Akano!"
"There you are Tengan! Where the heck were you?"
"Oh I was recovering too. Remember we share the same consciousness and body so I have to rest up as well after major battles."
"Oh. Yeah that would make sense."
That's when Tengan placed his hand on Akano's shoulder.
"I'm sorry to hear about your friend."
Akano let out a sigh before looking up and smiling.
"It's going to be ok! I will keep training and get better each and every day. I can't quit now."
Tengen felt the motivation and was feeling hyped.
"Alright! That's what I like to hear! So let's get down to training!"
The two got in their stance readied to spar before in a blink, they charged towards each other.

A few hours passed by while Akano was focused on his training, Aizawa opened the door to his dorm room was dropping into the dorms to visit Akano, but when he walked in he was left confused. It wasn't often he would see his nephew meditating, but seeing this over whelming flow of energy radiating off of him was different. His curiosity peaked as he quietly stepped out of Akano's dorm to make a quick phone call. The phone was ringing for a bit before a soft familiar voice spoke up.

"Hello Shōta. Quite the unusual timing to make a call haha."
"Good morning to you as well, Ms. Shuzenji. I was actually calling to ask you about Akano."
"Did that young man get hurt again?? I swear I will teach him a lesson if he hurt himself again so soon!"
"Don't worry, he's been behaving well and staying out of trouble. However, I wanted to ask you something."
There was a pause before Aizawa spoke up again.
"That day that he came back from the mission in Narukami city. Was there anything different about him?"
"Hmmm at first there wasn't unusual besides how critically injured he was. However... the usual flow of energy that circulates in his body felt even larger than usual. I could chalk it up to it being due to all his training over the years, but from his last check up... this amount of energy that dormant in his body is doubled."
Aizawa was surprised to hear that. It definitely sounds like his quirk evolved even further than before, but how did this happen?
"Was there anything else that was unusual?"
"Not that I am aware of, but I would suggest asking Kamiji. She was there with Akano on that mission so we can probably get more information.
"Understood. Thank you, Chiyo."
"Anytime, Shōta. Update on the situation if you find out anything more."
After he hung up the phone, he walked into the dorm once more and found Akano awake and stretching.

"Oh! Hey Uncle! What brings you around?"
"I came by to check up on you to see how you have been doing."
"I'm doing a lot better. Of course now that I'm finally fully healed, I can get back into action once more."
Akano had a big smile on his face, ready to take on the next challenge, but Aizawa had the opportunity to ask Akano the important question.
"Akano. There's something I wanted to ask you. It's about the mission at Narukami City."
Akano's eyes widened a bit as he was rushed with the flashbacks of being in the lab.

Akano was feeling pale just thinking about everything that happened that day, as his life was changed forever. Shallowing the fear, he looked back at Aizawa and realized he never told him about what happened. In fact the only people who know are the flaming Sidekickers and Nejire. No one else knows about it.
"What was it that you want to ask me about?"
"Do something happen over there, Akano?"
"Yes... quite a lot has happened."
Aizawa sat on the chair by his desk, his face was unchanged but you can sense the concern for Akano from his eyes.
"What happened?"