Chapter 9: The "Perfect" Test Subject!

[Minutes before the disappearance]

As Akano walked into the bathroom to do his business. However once he was done and washing his hands, he noticed a worker coming behind him ready to hit him across the head with a stick. With a quick reaction, Akano turned and caught the stick with his hand.
"Now why in the hell are you trying to hit me?"
The worker didn't respond, instead, they let out a grunt as he tried to use his other hand to swing a punch at Akano.
"Counter!" Akano yelled as he dodged and followed up with a left hook, knocking the employee down to the floor.
That was when Akano pressed on the headpiece.
"Hey Command we might have a slight problem here... one of the employees tried to attack me. I think we might have found one of their minions."
Unfortunately, the moment he stopped speaking, all he could hear was a distorted buzz.
"Command! Yami! Kamiji! Anyone!? Hello?!"
Nothing... the signal wasn't getting through and that was when he noticed that four more employees came out with batons.
"Shit."

Within an instant, all the employees charged at him and started to strike at him. Akano tried to dodge and counter each one but he was slowly getting overwhelmed. Luckily, this was exactly what he needed. The pain he felt was building up as he powered up to 20% and his blue aura flared out. With the shift in power, Akano was taking control of the battle. One by one, each employee was taken down which left some more room to breathe Akano.
"Alright. Things really went down. I need to get out of here and find the team." As he was about to walk out, a white-haired woman, in a similar zoo employee uniform, appeared with a boom in hand.
"I'm afraid I can't allow you to leave."
"Get the hell out of my way."
Akano said with a really pissed-off look on his face.
The woman sighed as she got her boom weapon ready as Akano got in his stance.

Akano was waiting patiently until he rushed in to strike, however, the employee swung her weapon just at the right time to strike Akano's wrist. Her attacks were far from offensive as she focused her speed on parrying him. Before he was able to recover, she swung her weapon down towards Akano. It was too close and Akano was unable to dodge the attack. Once the broom swung across Akano's body, a bubbling liquid was left behind.
"The hell? Is this some cleaning product?" Akano was shocked but grew a bit more furious before lunging toward the employee. The moment he started swinging at her, she just dodged and would pass her broom over him again and again to the point that Akano was covered in suds.
"Why are you wiping all these cleaning products on me?!" As he tried to attack once more. As he charged her, something felt off. The moment he was moving, he felt his whole body shutting down. It was like he was getting weaker and weaker until he collapsed onto the floor.
"W-why... can't I... move?" His body was left on the floor, unable to live.

"You are one troublesome individual. I know the Boss will really like you the most." As she signaled her companions to grab Akano.
"Let... go... of me. Damn it." He was too weak to move even with the energy flowing through him. He quickly shifted the power boost into healing his body, but the weaker he was getting, the less responsive his commands were.
"Why can't I heal myself? What the hell was this lady's quirk?! Damn it I can't be captured like this! I can't let myself be taken!" Enraged in his mind, Akano was in the hands of the minions and was unable to escape as his vision faded to black.

•••

Slowly waking back up, Akano was waking up to the sounds of a small commotion that was occurring in front of him. Once he woke up, he noticed that he was in a cage with his hands tied up in very heavy metal cuffs. He looked up only to see that he wasn't alone. About ten different individuals were locked up in cages as well.
"Shit... where the heck are we?"
"Looks like you're finally awake. Had a good nap through all the commotion?"
"Well, I was knocked out so my bad!"
"Guys... there's no time to be bickering. We gotta find a way outta here."
Akano and the others were still trying to break free from their restraints until suddenly a loud slash could be heard against one of the cages.