Chapter 8: Zookeeper

After some time that the Flaming Sidekickers got the chance to eat, Akano was more lost in his thoughts than ever. That's when Onima spoke up.
"Akano. You doing alright?"
"Huh? Oh um yeah I'm alright."
"Ya sure? I feel like Yami dismissing your talents must've struck a nerve." Burnin said she knew Akano too well to know that it had to have ticked him off.
"Is it that obvious?"
"Very obvious." The three said simultaneously, which left Akano with a bitter taste in his mouth.
"Don't let his words get to you. We all know that you are a great hero, and even if he doesn't believe it, you don't have to try and prove to him that you are."
"Kido is right. Just know that actions speak louder than words."
"See. Ya getting worked up for nothin' and you know that you just need to do the job then all is well. It's that simple." As Burnin said, eating her food.

Akano was still thinking a bit but nodded in agreement. He knew that he has what it takes to be a hero and doesn't have to prove to anyone that he isn't one. However, having someone doubt him of being a hero... never sat down well with him.
As they continued to eat, Yami's assistant Tanya walked into the room.
"Greetings, Flaming Sidekickers. I just wanted to give you guys the final debrief of the mission and as well as where we are going to meet up before heading out to the Zoo."
The group listened very carefully to know what was going on.
"Our other four members will be arriving shortly as well, but this will be the teams to take their point at the respective locations."
That was when she placed the papers on the table.
"Team A will be Haname and Onima, Team B will be Yukito and Kido, Team C will be Burnin and Akino, and finally Team D is Noichi and Akano."

The four were a bit confused about who the other people were but accepted it and were just ready for what was to come.
"Your teammates will be awaiting you downstairs. The plan is for each group to pose as just normal citizens visiting the park. Once all of you are inside, I'll give the signal to head toward your destinations and we will start from there. Be vigilant and stay on your guard." As Tanya walked out of the Cafeteria, the four quickly finished up and followed Tanya as all of them made their way downstairs. The Flaming Sidekickers were eager to meet with their partners, except for Akano who was wondering why they were all separated like that with a bunch of strangers. Regardless, even if he didn't like the idea, he has to follow the orders and do as he is told for the investigation.

Upon arriving down at the lobby, Tanya guided the four out to meet the group of individuals who would be joining them all.
"Flaming Sidekickers, I would like for you to meet the members of Narukami's Pro Hero Division: The Elemental Guardians. The first member to introduce is Haname Daiki, also known as Flora."

Haname Daiki! Quirk: Flower Garden! Haname is able to control plants and create flowers that each can serve its own purpose in the situation. Be careful not to mess with this rose if you aren't ready to handle her thorns!

"Woah."
Onima said in shock and surprise to see who his partner was. Kido and Burnin looked at each other and noticed Onima's facial expression before smiling.
"Up next, Yukito Kei also known as Pro Hero: Snow Rabbit."

Yukito Kei! Quirk: Snowbound! Yukito is able to create and control snow, as well as manipulate its density. One wrong move and she might freeze you in place!

"A pleasure to meet, Ms. Kei."
Kido said as he bowed to pay respect.
"The pleasure is all mine mister mummy dude. I'm looking forward to working with you." She said smiling as she bowed.
That made Onima, Burnin, and Akano nearly bust out laughing.
"Our next member, Akino Satomi, known as Pro Hero: Solaire."