Chapter 12: The Final Stretch!

Akano was sitting down, taking a deep breath to assess the situation.
"This is starting to get repetitive. We need to put an end to all this!"
"Yeah. We need to stop Curator as soon as possible."
The two were reaching their physical limit the longer the fight was going on with Curator.
"Maybe we weren't ready from the start."
"We weren't... but that doesn't mean we can give up here and now."
"Hmm... you know... I'm just glad that of all people that I would get stuck with, it was you. For a kid, you really don't have any quit in you."
This took Akano by surprise as he smiled. It was crazy to think that even after these years, his resolve never broke under any circumstances. It was thanks to the people that believed in him, but it was also thanks to those who pushed him down that gave him a reason to never back down. He had reasons to prove to both himself and everyone else that he wasn't weak.

Suddenly they heard Curator yell out as if he got hit by something. Curiously, Akano looked over the rubble and saw Curator was fighting against someone.
It turns out it was Burnin, Kido, and one of the Elemental Guardians.
"Shit! What are they doing here?!"
"I think they are trying to help out as much as they can! We should jump in and join as well!"
Akano got up and charged up before preparing to leap out to join them.

Curator was swinging his tail around, striking Burnin into the air. Burnin was beginning to descend until she was caught in midair by Akano.
"Heyo! I thought you were gone or something!"
"Sorry... I had to hide out to catch my breath a bit. This guy is no joke."
"You're telling me. His water attacks were making it hard for me to use my quirk... thankfully Aina tagged along and was helping me and Kido out."
When Akano landed and put Burnin down, he looked up to see Noichi Daichi taking on Curator. He was covered in darkness as if he was a shadow himself.
"Burnin! You alright?! Wait... is that... Akano?!"
"It's me! I managed to break free when the hole was created in the ground."
"Well, I'll be damned! Glad to see you in one pie- hey what happened to your hair? It's all white!"
"Long story! Let's just focus on taking down Curator!"
As Kido backed up and landed in front of the three.
"Akano?! Is that you??"
"Yes yes it's me, it's a long story! We will talk about it later!"

As the four quickly rushed forward to continue their attacks on Curator, the villain quickly unleashed an incredibly loud sonar screech that echoed off all kinds of surfaces. This sudden attack pushed Akano and his comrades flying back from the intense blast that caused their ears to bleed as they were in close proximity to the screech.
Akano and the Tiger vestige were able to talk, regardless of the damage to their ears, they can communicate in their head.
"Curator's back! Incoming!"
As Curator charged up another water cannon to hit the group during their dazed state from the screech.

Before it could hit them, Kido let his bandages loose and it formed a circle in front of him.
"I won't be letting you hit us with that!" As the water passed through the circle, water immediately shot upward. Noichi was shocked but relieved to have Kido on their side to save them in the pinch.

Kubo Kusuki! Also known as Kido!
Quirk: Traject!
Kido's Quirk allows him to redirect objects in motion that pass through his bandages. It also works on living things and incorporeal things, like air.

(Right to Left)

Kido quickly signaled the other three to move forward and attack Curator as this was their opportunity to work as a team

Kido quickly signaled the other three to move forward and attack Curator as this was their opportunity to work as a team. As the four moved forward to attack Curator, the large villain lifted his head up and was ready to strike with a pressurized water cannon. Within a flash, Akano appeared next to Curator and delivered a powered-up punch. When Curator pushed back, he quickly reacted to try and blast Akano while he was in the air. Before he was able to continue, Noichi appeared from Curator's shadow and strikes Curator in the back of the head. Curator tried to counter with a tail strike, but Noichi phased into the ground where the shadow was. However, when the tail struck the ground, a shadow handed emerged and held down his tail.
"Burnin! Do it now!" Noichi yelled as Burnin plucked out some fireballs from her hair and launched it towards Curator. Within that moment Curator, out of panic, blasted a stream of water to hit the fireballs.
Thankfully, Kido launched his bandages into the air to redirect Curator's water blast. Fireballs struck Curator as he started feeling the damage of the flames. Distracted from the pain, Akano sprung towards Curator and delivered a powerful punch that sent Curator flying several meters back, crashing into one of the zoo buildings.

The four were getting ready to deliver another barrage of attacks until they noticed that the primal beast that was running amok now returning to their location.
That screech that Curator let out wasn't just an attack against the group, but it was to bring all the primal beasts to unite and surround the four. As the horde was closing in, Akano quickly used his quirk to dash towards Curator, catching him off guard. Akano hit Curator with an uppercut that sent him flying upwards.
"Good thinking. This is our chance to fight him when he can't hit us with his attacks!"
"No need to tell me twice. I feel the flow starting to get stable, but my body is about to give out any second now."
"Then let's finish this!"

Burnin noticed Akano was in the air moving towards Curator. She couldn't help but smile knowing that Akano gave them the chance to handle the horde. Despite what Kido said, Akano still charged in and put himself in danger to protect them from Curator. She yelled out to Akano.
"You better kick his butt and stop him! Now!"

As the two concentrated as hard as they could to channel all the power into their fist, a surge of energy erupted as now this was their chance! It was now or never!
Curator was starting to descend from the air, Akano was focusing all the remaining power left in his whole body onto his fist. The power was surging and was starting to glow even brighter than before.
This was a last-ditch effort and this was going to take everything they got!

"Curator!!"

Art by Mico!

Art by Mico!

Driving his fist into Curator, the white energy sporadically went in all directions. It was slowly enveloping Curator, because exploding with a giant wave of released energy raining down.

In that brief flash of white light. It was all quiet... not a single sound could be heard but within an instant, Akano was staring at his younger self that stood in front of him.
"Did we do it? Did we do our best?"
Akano was a bit perplexed that he was looking at an image of himself.
"Yeah. Yeah, we did."
With a warm smile, everything flashed back into reality.
With the powered-up fist colliding with Curator, a sonic boom echoed in the air as Curator was sent flying to the ground. The impact shook the ground to what felt like an earthquake as a cloud of smoke and debris filled the air.
Slowly as the clouds dispersed, Curator was back to his normal self, but he was completely knocked out.

It was over...

Curator was finally defeated.