06 - Hello Redhead

I open my eyes, greeting the morning with a long, savory yawn, stretching my body, flexing the tired muscles a few times before I drag myself out of bed

I open my eyes, greeting the morning with a long, savory yawn, stretching my body, flexing the tired muscles a few times before I drag myself out of bed. I feel the wooden floor under my feet, the smooth surface greeting me with its cold grip, helping me clear my sleep-clouded head. Like every morning I make my way through my pitch-black room to open the Balcony, merely blinking a bit, still not fully awake.

For what feels like forever I stand in the open door, filling my lungs with the haze of the early mornings. Enjoying the sound of silence, listening to the forest around the packhouse breathing, a few lone early birds chirping. The sun hasn't even begun to rise but I still feel as if I'd be behind work today. While trying to suppress a sigh, I tear my eyes from the darkness and the promises that lay in it. I head for the bathroom, grabbing my workout clothes from the chair where I left them yesterday, and the day before that. I hesitantly bring the red top to my face, wrinkling my nose in response.

Yep... for sure the last time I'll put them on. I pull my hair in a tight bun without bothering to comb it first I have to take a shower afterward anyway. With a short glare at the clock stating 5:13 a.m. I slink out of my room, the running shoes under the arm as head to the training grounds, only passing by two maids who are starting their morning routine as well, just a different kind, I guess. I greet them with a small smile and short nod, eager to not lose any more time.

Since Father cut my training hours short to allow me, or more likely compel me, to join more of his meetings and counsels, I started to catch up on the lost practice before heading to college. I really don't mind since I like getting up early anyway and it's mandatory for me, to be at the top of my game. I've had to decide if I wanted to cut on cardio or hand-to-hand combat, which wasn't a hard choice. Cardio I could do alone as well, no need to have someone watch me jog and do push-ups.

The moment I close the door back to my room it's exactly 6:30.  The alarm clock ringing on the nightstand so I stride over to turn it off.  Sweat is still running down my spine from the exercise, making my clothes stick to me like a second skin. As I start to undress, peeling myself out of the top and sports bra there's a faint knock on the door.

"Enter," I bid her in, already knowing it's Tamara with my breakfast that I prefer to eat in my room for convenience reasons.

"Good morning Princess, laundry today?", she asks, eyeing the sweaty gym clothes next to my bed, as I hadn't stopped to undress, there is a pile of them now. Nudity isn't a big deal for us wolves, as we are naked every time we shift back. But there are some rules for royalty, of course. It is not proper to walk around naked, what a surprise.

"I would appreciate that," I say, heading for the bathroom, not minding her presence at all. I'm so used to people being around all the time, doing their deeds.

As much as I'd like to take my time under the hot steamy shower, I can already hear my stomach growl in hunger, so I make it a quick one, but I'll have to cut breakfast short too. A grapefruit with some unsweetened yogurt and a bowl of porridge. I can practically see how Kate would rather starve than eat this.