15 - Obedience

„What the fuck are you doing here Nora?" Like seriously, what the frickin' fuck?

At my sight, the giant wolf jumps, looking terribly startled and caught. The way her eyes go blank, I know the two of them must be arguing right now.

"The two of you, stop talking!" I yell-whisper or however you would call whatever I was doing, trying not to wake my parents and still satisfy the urge to scream at them.

Noticeably uncomfortable, Nora shifts her weight from one paw to the other, her claws eliciting small 'clack' sounds on the wooden floorboards, water slowly dripping down her fur onto the porch, the sound of splatting water mixing into the tune.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?", I continue to rant, hands on my hip's nostrils flaring.

Nothing, just deathlike stillness.

"Don't you dare walk out on me! You can't just leave me again." I hate the hurt undertone that resonates with every spoken word although I am burning with fury, making me feel weak and clingy alike. I've been dreading this moment for days now, but I guess at some point I stopped caring about how it might make me look and just kept longing.

Still unsure of herself, the giant fluff-ball is averting my gaze, her head snapping continuously back and forth between the forest and my feet.

"Stay!" I order pointing furiously at the ground before me.

I'm so done with politely asking and hoping to not get ignored. Fuck being nice for once and why should I even care? It can't possibly get any worse. She hasn't spoken to me in over two weeks, there has never been a time in the last five years where we wouldn't talk every other day. Even when Ann was on travel duty with the king she would call, and we would talk for hours. But now? This is another level of fucked up.

Much to my surprise, Nora is listening or at least I think she is, after all, she isn't bailing on me, staying put as I told her to.

"What are you even doing here?" But all I get is silence and a guilty look.

Frustrated I throw my hands up in the air before pinching the bridge of my nose, shaking my head.

"Nora," I say, waiting for her head to raise and look me in the eye before I make my demand.

"Give me Ann"

Now it's Nora's turn to vigorously shake her head.

"Why not?" I huff, glaring daggers at her and I can see them battling, as their eyes start to continuously flicker between colors.

She closes the gap between us, trying to nudge me gently, rubbing her head on my thigh, like she does when she wants to play. I smack her snout away instinctively with the back of my hand, eliciting a whiny noise from the wolf as she rebounds, looking pained as if I've just stabbed her.