35 - It's about damn time

A/N: It's gonna get a bit... steamy. So if you're not into that, just skip this chapter.

Ruffling my wet hair with a towel I enter the room and try to close the door as quietly as possible with my foot

Ruffling my wet hair with a towel I enter the room and try to close the door as quietly as possible with my foot. I refrained from putting the soaked shirt back on and instead just slipped into my usual sleep shorts.

"You're just like Dad."

"And what does that say about you?" I see her sitting cross-legged on the bed, bare shoulders and a promising cleavage only partially hidden by the blanket she's tucked under her arms.

"Daddy issues," she grins and casually shrugs, the blanket sliding dangerously low.

I walk over, my eyes hungrily lingering on her breasts, they rise and fall with every breath, as if to taunt me and the only thing I can think about is how badly I want to touch them. I stop in front of her, my jaw clenched to scrape together every bit of self-control I can muster. I let the towel drop to the ground and tie my hair into a simple braid. It amuses me to see her still not knowing exactly where to look, her gaze sheepishly trying to find my face, she is by far not ready to openly enjoy the view. "Kate, I've been meaning to talk to you about your birth-"

"Can we maybe not?" She sounds indecisive, but her hand is not. Her hand finds mine, fingers intertwine, and she draws me to her.

"Okay," I say confused. That's a first. I let her pull me close, so damn close her breath is fanning my upper body. The urge to climb her, right here and right now is so strong, I need to take a step back, or at least I try, her hands holding me in place, yet she says nothing. But we just stare at each other silently for a while, eyes scanning, searching for a hint of... of what actually? Anything, or maybe nothing in particular. I sit down next to her, awkwardly waiting for a few more moments before I speak up again, sensing her hesitation. "You know we don't have to... we can wait until after-"

"I thought we said no talking," She tries to play it light, saying it with a chuckle and crooked grin but I see how tense she really is. "Sorry, it's just- don't get me wrong, I love talking to you, but," She tugs at me, swallowing hard before pulling me down, "Can't we just pretend there's no tomorrow for once?"

"Sure, whatever you want."

And that is all it takes for her to lean in and twine her arms around my neck, yanking me on top of her as she falls back. Our lips meet but this time it's not a fairy-tale kiss, no rom-com happy ending. This time it's raw, it's need and flesh and lust. Desire blazing, burning every clear thought in its wake.

Frantic for more skin, I tear the blanket out from between us. She wraps her legs around my waist, inching me even closer until there is no space left between us. She shivers underneath me, trembling like a leaf.

„Still cold?" I mumble against her lips, brows knitted together.

She shakes her head, giving me an apologetic shy smile as I break the kiss "Nervous. " Her words a mere whisper, eyes soft and vulnerable, almost pleading not to hurt her.