27 - Healing

~ We've all been told when we were little We could grow up and live a fairy tale But no one ever bothered telling us that The storybook ending never started out well Why's there always gotta be a hero? What if Cinderella had to save herself? ~

We could grow up and live a fairy tale
But no one ever bothered telling us that
The storybook ending never started out well
Why's there always gotta be a hero?
What if Cinderella had to save herself? ~

Nora hums a fitting melody.

"Am I dead?" This may or may not be a rather stupid question but in all seriousness, I don't know. My mind is like a fuzzy cloud drifting from one end of meaninglessness to the other. There is nothing. No colors to be seen, no body to be felt. No pain. No joy. Nothing, except for Nora, humming a song, a familiar one, I think.

I ask her what happened, but she doesn't care to answer, or maybe she can't?

The humming continues though. Wait, do I know this song?

She simply chuckles before saying "You made me listen to it a million times, so it's safe to assume you do."

I complete the next lines of the lyrics without even thinking of them "It's not like we don't need a little help. But maybe it's a good thing to go through a little hell" So, I try to remember other things, things from before this. Whatever this is.

"Not to sound like a wannabe poet but I'd call it a hollow void," my wolf suggests.

I roll my eyes at her. Well, not really because at this state I am not entirely sure if I even have eyes anymore.

"Void," I repeat, rolling the word off my presumably non-existing tongue. It leaves a bitter taste of helplessness, fear, and uncertainty. Being lost in my thoughts and supposedly my head isn't something new to me, or it doesn't feel like something new. The other emotions tugging on my soul... I am less acquainted with, so I accept for now that I am just existing for an unknown period of time.

Nora continues to hum while I add the words.

~ Now I'm laying in bed tonight
With my best friend sleeping on my couch
She got kicked out of her house 'cause she finally came out
And all the riches in the kingdom won't fix that ~

All the riches in the kingdom won't fix that. Why does this sentence cause me so much pain?

Little by little, the sensations begin to reach me but as soon as I try to grasp them, they seem to slip away again. Through the dense mist that has settled in my head, everything is far far away, simply out of range. But there's a beeping, rhythmic, and unbelievably noisy.

"It's annoying."

I have to agree with Nora. The sound is almost unbearably loud, and my head slowly begins to hurt. The throbbing increases after every blissful second of silence that is disturbed by that horrible noise again. By now, it's the concise roar of an airplane turbine taking off, but I am still managing, somehow.