➪THIRTEEN

"Here" Nicco forced me to sit on his bed, bending down in front of me and slipping my heel onto my foot

"Here" Nicco forced me to sit on his bed, bending down in front of me and slipping my heel onto my foot. Tonight he was invited to some sort of party where wealthy people go and wanted me to tag along. He wouldn't let me wear any of my clothes, making me pick from a series of dresses Hudson brought here for me.

I chose a beautiful black dress that was tightly fitted, cute thin straps that went over my shoulders. Although Nicco assured me that I looked lovely tonight nothing could match how good he looked.

He wore his usual, a black button down, black dress pants and a black belt. He had a few buttons undone, and a small silver chain that hung from his neck. It matched with the silver rings he had on tonight, and his watch.

I watched Nicco as he did the small strap to my shoe, making sure it was loose enough not to hurt my ankle. He moved to the other one and did that one as well before looking up at me. His green eyes were hooded, his face resting, his hand resting on my ankle.

For a second I thought that he'd try and take things further but he didn't. I feel as if he purposely does these things to get me thinking. He stood up and gave me a small smile as he reached for my hand.

"Are you ready darling?" I place my hand into his and stand up as he turns his palm downwards to look at his wrist, specifically his watch.

"If we don't leave now we'll be late" he doesn't speak as if he really cares, his tone is soft but I feel as if we should move with a purpose. Being late is exceptionally rude.

I nod as I look up to him. "I'm ready. Thank you for helping me with my shoes". He gives me a small smile before guiding me out of his room and towards the elevator.

"We will be around a lot of investors tonight" he speaks as we approach the brown elevator doors. He presses a button and they come open before we step on. Investors? Me around investors? Me around people who are willing to invest in expanding Nicco's business? This will be nerve wracking.

I look over at him as he presses a button for us to be let down, soon putting his hands into his pockets. He looks forwards and at the doors before looking at me.

"Something wrong, kitten?" My eyebrows crease at the name, but I quickly ignore it as it's not a big enough problem to question it now.

I nod slowly, being unsure of myself. Is there something wrong? I think there is. But how would I be sure? I mean I am more than nervous to even be going to an event that wealthy people will be anyways and that's just part of the problem. I have nothing in common with these kinds of people. What will we talk about?

Will they want to know about me? And tell them what? Oh my name is Sienna, I'm seeing a man ten years older than me, he's practically rich and I work in a bookstore. Yeah that sounds very great.

"I'm a bit nervous" I tell him truthfully. There's no reason to lie, it won't help. If anything it'll drag me into a deeper hole and I'll be in far more shit than I expected.