第二十九章 : Main Act

"An assembly?" Reiko asked in confusion

"An assembly?" Reiko asked in confusion. Asano nodded his head. "We always have one at the beginning of the second semester. We have one after midterms and one after finals as well" Reiko nodded her head in understanding. Asano had woken her up from the nap she was taking because they had to go to the auditorium for the assembly.

"Ah.." Reiko said, nodding her head in understanding. She hadn't gone to either of those. 

"I didn't go to either of those." She said bluntly causing Asano to sweat-drop. "I think I was talking to the Chairman instead both times. I just went back to the mountain right after the first meeting meeting. Now that I think about it, that explains why no one else was there except Akabane. For the second time, that one was just really long" Asano's violet eyes widened. 

"The Chairman? Why?" He asked curiously. Why would his father want to privately meet with Reiko?

"First time was because he wanted me to transfer to Class A. The second time was because I lost the bet I made with him and he wanted to gloat....for an hour" She explained. 

"He's annoying" She dead-panned, her amber eyes looking right into one of the security cameras in the hallway. She knew full well that the Chairman could probably read her lips and tell what she was saying. 

Nagisa and the other members of Class E stood in line in the gymnasium that doubled as the assembly hall

Nagisa and the other members of Class E stood in line in the gymnasium that doubled as the assembly hall. They had to get there a lot earlier than the other classes because they were in Class E. Thanks to all the intense gym classes with Karasuma, it wasn't as bad getting down the mountain now. 

His blue eyes lit up at the sight of Reiko walking in. She was walking with Asano while the rest of the virtuosos walked a few steps behind. Reiko's eyes met his and she waved. Before she could make her way over to her former class, Asano tapped her shoulder to stop her. Nagisa watched Reiko turn around and exchange a few words with Asano.

"What are ya looking at, Nagisa?" Nagisa turned to Karma who was looking at him curiously. "Huh? Oh, Reiko's here" Nagisa said gesturing towards Reiko who was still talking to Asano. 

"We haven't seen her in a while, have we? She used to skip and come visit us but she hasn't recently. It's nearly impossible to catch her before or after school either because she's always with Asano-kun." Kayano sighed. She missed her friend.