序章

"Target locked and loaded

"Target locked and loaded. Everyone else ready?" The comms signaled the other two via their earpieces. The girl's blood-red eyes stared through the scope at a man walking out of the prison, surrounded by people protesting against his release while two officers held him. At this rate, instead of keeping people safe from the man, the police now had to keep him safe from the people.

"Ready, boss!" The moment she heard her colleague's response, she pulled the trigger. She got up, not bothering to watch the bullet land. She never missed. Her hand reached under the hood of her combat gear to press a button on the side of her head. 

She didn't stick around to hear the loud screaming of the witnesses from the sight of the man's body on the ground with a pool of blood forming under him and the frantic shouting of the police officers trying to regain control of the situation.

She jumped across the rooftops before dropping down into an alleyway. She landed square on the lid of a closed dumpster before allowing its inclined position to slide down the lid and onto the ground. A blond man and woman were already waiting for her at the end of the alleyway as she adjusted the collar of the jacket she now wore. Her own corn-colored blond hair shined under the sun as the three of them exited the alley to walk down the street. A blue backpack swung over her shoulder while the television screens on window display of a nearby electronics store displayed a frantic news reporter. The bottom headlines reading: Serial rapist released from prison shot dead.