第十六章 : Deal

Previously on Kira

Previously on Kira...

" I must say, Shiro-san, you planned this quite well. Especially considering the fact that you found out exactly when I would be absent. It's too bad I had scheduled meeting with the Chairman or you might have just killed the target." Reiko said with a smirk.

"What is it that you want" Reiko asked, standing in front of the Chairman's desk. His violet eyes glinted sinisterly as he looked up at the girl contrasting the smile he had on his face.

"I see that you have been absent from school and here I thought that your illness had been cured considering how well you performed during the basketball game your class had against the girls' Basketball club." He said, ignoring her question. Reiko stared at him, her amber eyes glinting dangerously. "That is none of your concern"

"Oh but it is, considering you were Asano-kun's first friend" Reiko's eyes widened. The Chairman smirked, knowing he had actually fazed the girl with this new piece of information.

"What?"

"Oh you didn't know? I suppose he hasn't figured it out either. The two of you were always such an adorable pair. Hanging out in a corner during business galas. That pocket watch, I suppose you still have it?" Principal Asano asked. Reiko blinked in shock. It can't be... She resumed her poker face. Not now...he wants something from me and I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

"Addressing your own biological son by his surname, how peculiar you are." She quipped causing a chuckle from the cunning man.

"Now what is it that you've called me for" The Chairman with his ever present plastic smile looked at her.

"Due to your refusal to transfer to Class A, you will not be ranked in any further exams including midterms and finals"

"Okay"

"Now due to how important exam scores and standings are in our school, I have a wager for you." He said. Reiko raised an eyebrow.

"What is it?"

"You will join Class A if you lose and if you win...I will allow the E class students to use the school canteen."

"Oh? How do we determine the winner of this?"

"You will choose one student from Class E that you believe will be able to get into the top 5 in the upcoming finals. If they don't then you will transfer willingly to Class A. Since you have such a strong belief in your classmates being able to succeed and going against the very principle of this school, it would only be fitting wouldn't it?" Reiko thought about for a moment.