第三章 : Midterms

The sound of pencils scratching resounded throughout the quiet room

The sound of pencils scratching resounded throughout the quiet room. The students of Class 3-E stared at their tests. The questions were completely different from what they had studied for. A few gnawed on their wooden pencils as they stared at the test paper. They had barely been able to answer a single question. Everything was just too hard. 

Nagisa looked around the room, glancing at the faces of his classmates who seemed to be struggling just as much as he was. His eyes landed on a head of bright green hair. His eyes widened a fraction of a centimeter when he realized that Reiko was asleep. It isn't even a quarter into the Japanese exam and she's already done? Or has she not started at all? 

Now that Nagisa thought about it, Reiko had done the same for every other test as well. Maybe she had gave up after glancing at one of the questions and decided to guess on the entire test?

Things were already bad for the students of Class 3-E. It only got worst when it appeared. The question, more like monster, that could only be referred to as 'Dead End' for how hard it was. It was a slaughter fest. Almost no one survived. 

The format of the test last minute and didn't inform Class E about the changes. All of the hard work the E class students put into trying to score in the Top 50 was all for nothing. The entire test was brand new and completely different. Nothing could've prepared them for this. 

Nagisa let out a sigh as he took out the drink he had bought from the vending machine

Nagisa let out a sigh as he took out the drink he had bought from the vending machine. The tests had been an absolute bloodbath. 

"Well if it isn't Nagisa" Nagisa turned around to be faced with two of his old classmates from the main campus. One was a bit on the chubby side while the other one wore glasses. 

"Shouldn't you be scurrying back to the mountain with the rest of the scum?" The chubby one said. The one with glasses kicked Nagisa causing the blue-haired boy to fall to the ground. "Oops, I didn't see you there. I guess I thought you were garbage on the floor that was blocking my way" He sneered. Nagisa sighed as he began to get up only to be pushed back to the ground by the chubby one.  The other grabbed the drink Nagisa had gotten from the vending machine and opened it. He smirked as he tipped the drink over, ready to spill it on Nagisa's head. Nagisa braced himself as he waited to get drenched.