第二十一章: Café Shenanigans

"You did this question wrong" Reiko said, her amber eyes scanning the paper while she sat next to Karma in the booth of the café they were at

"You did this question wrong" Reiko said, her amber eyes scanning the paper while she sat next to Karma in the booth of the café they were at. "Which one?" The redhead asked, leaning his head down so it was next to hers in order to see the paper better. "Question 10. You forgot to divide by three here so it should be x=9 instead of x=6 for the final answer." She explained. Karma pulled away and leaned his head against the soft cushiony back of the booth. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. "You know, that old man might have trained the others to the bone by now" Reiko said, shaking her head. "Who?" Karma asked, opening his eyes to look down at the green-haired girl who sipped her iced coffee.

"Lovro. I suppose you've been skipping so you don't know but Tadaomi enlisted his help in training to prepare for the assassination plan this summer" Reiko said quietly so only the redhead could hear. "Shouldn't he be sending assassins after the octopus instead? He's a broker isn't he?" Reiko shrugged. "He hasn't been able to contact the three assassins he wanted to send after the target" She responded. There was a sudden ping from her phone that was placed on the table. She furrowed her eyebrows as she reached for it to see who had messaged her. Karma read the message from over her shoulder. 

Nagisa: Have you ever heard of the Reaper?

"The Reaper? Sounds like a cringey gamer tag" Karma mumbled. Reiko had to hold back a laugh at his words as she typed a reply to Nagisa's message.

Reiko: Yes, why do you ask?

Nagisa: Lovro-sensei says he's the very best assassin. No one knows his real name but they call him by the nickname 'The Reaper'. He said that the Reaper might show up to take care of Koro-sensei if we don't do anything.

Reiko: The Reaper's a joke.

"Did you just say the 'very best assassin' in the world is a joke?" Karma asked, genuinely amused at the girl's response. 

Nagisa: O.O what do you mean?

Reiko: There's nothing to be afraid of. He's just a little kid playing dress up.

Nagisa: Uh...I don't know what that means but what about Kira? Have you heard of the assassin known as Kira? Lovro-sensei says that Kira is just as dangerous as the Reaper...maybe even more dangerous. What if Kira goes after Koro-sensei?

Reiko froze as she read the blue-haired boy. Karma raised an eyebrow at the girl's reaction. Who's Kira?

Reiko: I doubt it

Nagisa put his phone back into his pocket after reading Reiko's last message. He sighed. Leave it to Reiko-chan to call the best assassin in the world a joke.

"Young man" Nagisa looked up to see Lovro walking towards him. "I will teach you a surefire technique to use against any target." Nagisa's eyes widened.