[ 32 ]

_______________
__________
_____

L A C O N I C

32

"Old dog, old tricks

"Old dog, old tricks."

Madripoor, Indonesia
January, 2013

SHE TILTED HER HEAD AT the pair of heels Agent Adams held out to her. She raised an eyebrow at the Weapon, waving it closer to her hand. She didn't understand why she was giving her shoes when she was already wearing her uniform.

They'd driven into a transportation boat, parking their vehicle and exiting immediately. It was a HYDRA ship, unsurprisingly, vast and sparse of HYDRA agents. The Asset had been taken to one of the many rooms by the Commander, while the Weapon had been guided towards a room across the hall by Agent Rollins and Agent Adams. She didn't understand why they'd separated, nor why Agent Rollins remained outside of the room as Agent Adams zipped open her duffel bag.

Now they were here, standing in a single person bathroom, at a stalemate.

Agent Adams released a long sigh.

She placed the pair of heels on the ground carefully, digging through her duffel bag. The Weapon watched her curiously as she pulled out a dark crimson jumpsuit, glittering with crystals that would make anyone far too noticeable. It was flashy in a way she knew she wasn't allowed to be.

Her lips pursed as Agent Adams tossed it to her. She caught it, her eyes remaining on the agent as she pulled out a black dress, sleek and short. Plain. Agent Adams glanced up at her, then frowned.

"Turn around, will you?" She said and the Weapon took it as an order, spinning on her feet and facing the wall.

She could hear Agent Adams changing and she faintly remembered that privacy was a thing that existed. It took a minute or so before Agent Adams cleared her throat.

"Come here, I need you to zip this." She ordered and the Weapon turned, pulling the jumpsuit in her hand over her shoulder.

Agent Adams was beautiful, the Weapon realized, without all of the tac gear suffocating her. She looked younger too, with her hair loose and tousled, a single golden pin keeping a lock of hair together neatly.

She zipped up the back of Agent Adams's dress, taking a step back once she did so. Agent Adams turned to face her, heels clicking against the tile.

"Here, let me loosen that for you." Agent Adams said, beckoning her forwards.

The Weapon glanced down at the straps across her torso, then lifted her head to look back at her.

Her confusion must've been obvious because Agent Adams took a careful step backwards, putting her hands on her hips.