pro-log: autograph

this is sort of a prologue, but it's still important to read it through to understand the situation 😙 also, play the song above to add to the mood!

MY BROTHER MANAGED TO land in the hospital again for the 2nd time this year, even though it's only January.

He's 11, struggling with leukemia, a cancer of blood-forming tissues that make it difficult for him to fight back diseases. He gets a cold, it turns into a traumatic trip to the nearest ER.

Yet he always keeps a smile on his face. I envy him. Geun is beautiful, so I think he only ever smiles all the time so that way he can remind people that he is handsome even while suffering.

He's always worrying about me, though I'm 17– basically grown. But his little self can't help but act like the man of the house...there's two of us in our house so he's the man by default, but that is besides the point.

I'm crocheting a small brown cat hat for Geun to wear when he gets discharged by the window of his hospital room, watching the snow fall and stick to the glass. Geun is reading his favorite book in his bed, but I can sense he isn't actually reading.

I can feel his beady green eyes flicker to me, then to the pages, then back at me, like he wants to ask me something.

So, I let my dark eyes glare at Geun, the boy jerking back. "What is it, Geun?"

"...Big Siiiiiiisssss, I have a favor to ask of youuuuu..." He drawls, setting his book down and grinning at me with twinkling eyes.

I already knew I was going to say yes to whatever he asked. He was hooked up to an oxygen tank, with a tube sticking up his nose and wrapping around his head. He's paler than usual, and his voice is tired. So I would undoubtedly do whatever I could to complete his favor out of pity.

"Yes, Geun?" I stopped crocheting.

"...Remember when you bought me a ticket to meet this K-Pop group a few months back??"

"...I think so...It was a meet and greet, right?"

"Mhm!!"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well...It's in a few days and...I don't think I can go—"

"If you're going to apologize for making me purchase a ticket because you can't go, don't. Leave the finical worrying to me."

"Well, I did feel bad at first...But then I thought of a way to still use the ticket!!—"

"I'm not helping you sneak out of the hospital, Geun—"

"UGH LET ME FINISH TALKING!!" He pouts, making me laugh. "I want you to go in my place!"

My brows instantly furrow. "Huh? Me?...I don't even know the group or their names."

"You don't need to. I just wanted you to give them these letters I wrote." Geun suddenly pulls out 7 envelopes from underneath his pillow.

What the f— How and when did he write these? I'm with him almost 24/7.

"Just read them aloud to them, and let them keep it. Please go for me!"

"...But I'd be leaving you here with the nurses...I don't know if it's a good idea."

"Y/n—"

"What if something happens to you?"

"Y/n—"

"The meet and greet is all the way in Hanam, right? That's 2 hours away—"

"Y/N!" He huffed at me frustratedly. "You're being pessimistic again!"

He hated when I used logic or stated realistic ideas. He said it was me being negative, but I'm just being honest. But his bubbly, positive outlook on things does come in handy when I need to be calmed down in stressful situations...

He really is my rock. Sometimes I feel like he helps me more than I have ever help him.

I gaze at my brother for a minute, before eventually giving in with a long exhale. "...Okay, I'll go—"

"YAY!!!" He shouts, pumping his tiny fists in the air. "Oh! And show them a good picture of me so they know what I look like!! And record what you tell them, I want to hear what they say!!!"

"Alright, alright. Now chill out, you're gonna get your heartbeat all crazy and freak the doctors out." I chuckle, leaving my chair to stand beside his bed. "Visiting hours end in 10 minutes, so I'll be leaving now. I'll be back later tomorrow."

"Yeah, I knowwww..." He rolls his eyes as I hug his head to my chest, kissing the scalp of his soft black hair. When I pull away, he suddenly asks, "...Do you ever regret dropping out of high school for me?"

I'm taken aback, that's for sure. I just kind of scoff and bat my lashes. "Now why would you ask me that so suddenly? You know I'm going to answer no."

"I know but...You would've been graduating this year with your friends...Doing after school activities like karaoke and going to parties...But you're stuck here with me...I dunno, I was just thinking about it today before you came..."

"...Stop being such a pessimist." I tease at him, which make his young face contort with sass. "...I don't regret dropping out...We may be a little tight with money right now, but I just got a raise. So we're gonna be alright. I promise, Geun. Please don't stress."

"...Okay..." He whispers, forcing a grin.

"I love you." I pinch his cheek, him slapping my hand away as I laugh and grab my bag.

"Bye sis!! Love you!! Goodnight!!!" He shouts farewell to me as I leave the room.

At this moment in time, I had no clue what I had in store for me. Little did I know, was that a group of charming, attractive boys apart of a
K-pop group named ENHYPEN,

would change my life.