my-log: dinner

"WE'RE HOME!!!" Numerous voice flood the house as the front door opens

"WE'RE HOME!!!" Numerous voice flood the house as the front door opens. I'm in the kitchen, and I watch 5 boys all make their way towards me with bags, backpacks, damp hair and wrinkled clothes. They look like they've been working hard all day.

Jungwon and Sunghoon are sitting on high stools at the kitchen island. They turn to greet their bandmates, while I continue to fiddle around with pots and pans.

After they spend a moment talking with each other, they seem to all notice me at once. I hear silence, which makes me slowly turn over my shoulder to see 7 pairs of eyes on me.

"Oh, y/n is here??" Sunoo gasped with a smile, skipping around the counter to meet me at the stove. He sees that I am preparing something over the burner, smelling the food. "Ah, this smells amazing!"

"Did you two call her over to make her make us dinner??" Jay is already prepared to scold.

"No! She offered to! Plus she was already visiting." Jungwon quickly shoots down Jay's suspicion.

I proceeded to stir the sauce I created inside of the pot. "I'm making barbecue. Please feel free to wash up, and wait for dinner."

I sound like I'm talking to Geun.

"Ah, you're amazing!!" Sunoo claps, running out of the kitchen with a few of the other boys.

Heeseung runs up to me and hugs me from the side, smushing his cheek into mine. "Thank you!!" He cooes, running off with the rest.

I think I'm alone when the noise dies down, so I focus on stirring. Sunoo was right, it does smell pretty magnificent—

"I can help you."

I jump, turning around to see a man wash his hands at the sink. His back is to me, but his brown, highlighted hair gives away his identity. "Oh...Jay."

He turns the faucet off and turns around to me as he dries his hands with a towel. A grin spreads across his face. "If you don't mind."

"...Not at all...I'd actually like some help..."

He walks over to the rice cooker and checks the grains inside. "Rice looks great. What meat are you going to cook?"

"Spicy bulgogi. That's the last thing I have to make. I've already prepared some rice noodles, sweet potatoes, spicy cucumbers, and kimbap." I point to a cutting board sitting across the kitchen that has the food listed.

"Wow...You made this all by yourself?" He grins at me as he turns on the burner to cook the meat.

"Mhm...I cook often for Geun."

"Oh yeah, I guess you've got to eat somehow...How are you enjoying the job? You're not going to quit on us?"

I scoff as I turn the heat down for the sauce. "Of course not...I'm enjoying it. It's a lot more...interactive...than I expected it to be."

He gives me a look that suggest my answer is odd, but he doesn't question it further.

"...How was practice?"

"It went well. We've been working on this project for. while now, so it's nothing new. Learning new choreography is a different story."

"I see...I finished the sauce." I step back from the stove.

"Oh really? I'll try it." He takes the ladle and stirs it a little inside the pot, scooping some of the dark burgundy liquid into the spoon. He blows on it gently, then takes a small sip. I notice how sharp his jawline is, and how beautiful his side profile is...Mm...He's attractive.

I watch his eyes go wide. "Oh my god!" He looks at me with a sparkling gaze. "This taste amazing! What is it?"

"A secret recipe I made when I was 10...I've been making it ever since." I take pride in my 7 year old recipe. It never fails to impress consumers. "I had to change it a bit though. Your kitchen didn't have all the ingredients I needed."

"Here, try it then." He carefully turns around and holds the ladle up, his palm underneath it to catch any liquid that falls.

"Oh-Uhm..." I step forward. Suddenly, Jay placed his hand fingers underneath my chin, tilting my head up slightly to meet with the rim of the spoon...I think I feel my stomach explode and my legs turn into jelly.

I don't know why, but his charisma is unmatched to the others. He looks mature and experienced, and has a captivating aura that shrouds him like a blanket. His voice is silky, so when he talks, I instantly listen.

His touch is cold against my warm skin. His eyes have me distracted. He smells of expensive cologne and dry sweat, and not in a bad way. We're so close, that I can smell it over the sizzling meat in the pan behind him. All I hear is the thumping of my heart in my ears, that if he said anything to me, I wouldn't be able to hear.

I drink a little bit of the sauce. Jay pulls the spoon away, but keeps his fingers below by chin, keeping my head angled a certain way. He innocently looks down at me, waiting for my reaction. "So? How does it taste?"

I'll admit it. Im too busy admiring his features to properly taste my creation, so I just nod and hum in affirmation. "Mhm."

He grins and nods. "Good—Oh, is it spicy??"

"...Huh?" Why would he ask that?

"Your face is turning pink. Is it hot?"

I pull away so fast. I turn my back to him, slapping my hands onto my cheeks. No way I'm flustered because of him.

"It's nothing..." I blurt.

"Oh..." He sets the spoon back in the pot, and drizzles some of the sauce onto the cooking bulgogi in his pan. "Dinner should be ready soon, after I finish cooking this."

I turn back around, as I gave myself time to cool off. "Oh-Okay...Thank you again for offering to help me. I'm sure you're tired from work..."

"No matter...Who taught you how to cook? Did you learn on your own?"

I shake my head. "...My mother taught me a little bit...But I expanded my skills from reading books from the library on cooking."

"Oh, that's cool..."

"Do you cook?"

"Mhm. I have for years."

Looking at him now, he looks like a man who can cook. Even based on the way he cooks the meat, I can tell he has experience.

"You can start setting up the table. Plates and cups are in the cabinet above the coffee machine, and chopsticks and spoons are in the drawer to your right."

"Okay." I immediately start to set the table. I place black cups beside each plate, and fill them up with water. For my cup, I fill it up with a clear liquid I found in a green glass bottle that was at the back of the fridge. It sizzled like soda, so I figured it was sprite.

Next, we call everyone in for dinner.