my-log: rink

I WAKE UP to my doorbell ringing throughout my apartment

I WAKE UP to my doorbell ringing throughout my apartment. I toss under my covers for a moment, letting the bell sound again. Whoever was ringing it was getting on my nerves, because after I didn't respond the second time, they started to smash the button over and over.

I have to drag myself out of the bed, ambling tiredly to the front door. My eyes feel heavy, and I already know my hair looks like an insane mess a top my head. Eventually I reach my destination and open the door to be greeted by an unexpected guest.

"..." I stare at him with squinted eyes, as I'm still trying to wake up. There has to be some rule that these boys can't just keep coming to my dorm whenever they please.

"Good morning!—Ahhh, were you still sleeping? It's 12 in the afternoon, so I figured you'd be awake. My bad!"

"...Good morning, Sunghoon." I mumble, not even acknowledging anything else he said.

"I had a favor to ask, but...mmm...I don't want to bother you. Continue sleeping." He bows apologetically, and gets ready to turn and leave.

"You've gotten me up already. May as well ask." I yawn, leaning against the doorway and rubbing my face with the palms of my hands. "So what is it?"

"Ahh...Well..." The silver haired boy looks around the hall. I never realized it, but he's actually freakishly tall. Well, compared to my height, at least. He was dressed warm, wearing a dark blue puffer jacket and thick black pants. "Do you know how to drive?"

"...Huh?" I didn't understand him. "Like a car??"

"Mm, like a car. Or a van."

"...Yes...???"

"Can you drive me somewhere?"

"...Uhm...Sure...But do you not have to like...dance or sing or something?"

He chuckles at my perspective of idols. "Not today. I've got a day off."

"Oh, I see...Yeah, sure I guess. Give me 10 minutes..." I yawn again, walking back into my apartment.

I leave my door open, but Sunghoon remains outside. "Okay, I'll wait out here!" He exclaims into my dorm while I vanish into my bedroom.

All I remember doing after that, was sitting on my bed...I think I went back to sleep by mistake. When I woke up, I was being shaken by someone. I was laying on my side in my bed, and opened my eyes to see two black orbs staring down at me.

"Ahhhh...I got worried for a minute."

It was Sunghoon, sitting on the edge of my bed and waking me up like a mother getting her kid up for school. He had taken off his jacket, him in a thin white sleeved shirt—it almost matched his hair color. His slender fingers were freezing against my arm, that it gave me a wake up call.

I slowly sit up, running my fingers through my hair to push it back. "..." I say nothing, staring at my lap tiredly. I must've been more exhausted than I thought. I had never gotten the chance to sleep in before.