my-log: marry

"JAY!?" I shriek

"JAY!?" I shriek. He quickly waves at me to calm down, bringing his finger over his lips and shushing me.

"Shhh! Sejin might hear us!" He whisper screams.

I keep my voice at the same level. "What are you doing!? Why are you disguised!? W—"

He runs over to me and gently grabs my shoulder, throwing his hand over my mouth to shut me up. "Would you stop yelling??"

I frown, my shoulders dropping. When he feels it is safe, he removes his hand and sighs with a smirk. "So...You want to marry me?—"

"That was before I knew who you were! God, I knew your voice sounded way too familiar!" I whisper into the palms of my hands, humiliated by the fact that I admitted to wanting to marrying him.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be with me! That was the plan!"

"What plan???!"

"For you to choose me over the other guys. None of us want you to get married to someone you don't want to."

"...Us?"

"Yeah, me, Heeseung...All of the guys..." He looks down at me fondly, and again, my body feels like jelly. I don't know what his voice is laced with, but I feel like I'm on cloud 9 when he talks to me. "Don't get married...

unless it's with me."

"...Huh?"

"I'll just put my disguise back on! No worries! Then Sejin will come in and get us engaged—"

"It won't be that easy!!!—"

"Is everything okay in—...here?" Sejin walks through the door and instantly sees Jay and I pause mid-arguing. Sejin looks around with a confused expression. "Oh, Jay. How did you get in here??"

"...Through...the other door?" He says but doesn't sound confident at all.

"We have another door? Oh, I see. That must've been were the other man went. Did you like him, y/n??" Sejin is clearly clueless to the fact that Jay is the man...How is he a manager for 7 boys if he can't keep track of one?

"..." I remain silent. What am I supposed to do? I have to get married...I can't avoid it. Maybe...I'll choose the first guy I talked to—

"She doesn't want to get married."

I turn to Jay, who suddenly speaks up for me. "...Jay?"

"What do you mean?" Sejin questions.

"...I don't know if y/n agreed to this, but she doesn't want to get married—or at least not like this. She's still young, and frankly, she's pretty independent. If you're just trying to get her married so she won't flirt with us, don't worry, she gets too embarrassed to do stuff like that. We understand this is a work environment, she won't try anything...Honestly,

we just don't want her to get herself into something that she'll regret in the future."

I stare at him as he speaks, shocked. I'm glad he was able to put my feelings into words, because I couldn't. He sounds so mature when he's speaking. I'm happy...that he stood up for me.

Sejin faces me. "Is this true, y/n?"

I gulp. "Well uhm-...Yes sir...I don't want to be married to someone right now...I understand if it's a requirement and you must fire me if I don't complete it, but I simply won't give up on my own morals to be with a man for this job..." I bow. "I apologize."

He pauses, then suddenly bursts out laughing. Both Jay and I glance at each other then back at our boss.

"Ah, I see!! Why didn't you just tell me that!?"

"...Huh?"

"I can't force you to marry someone. It's only heavily recommended to be married for the sake of preventing scandals with the boys. But if you really don't want to, you don't have to."

"Wait, what?? So I won't lose my job??"

"Of course not! Not sure why you had that idea in your mind. You're a great makeup artist. I trust you. I wont fire you over something silly like this." He chuckles.

I glare at him. "...So I was worried for nothing?" I whisper under my breath as Sejin leaves.

"Welp! Let me tell the other men they can head home! Good work today!—Oh, and Jay...

If you wanted a chance to marry y/n, you could've asked."

With that, Sejin leaves the room while Jays face is a dark red.