my-log: makeup

I AM REQUIRED TO COME downstairs the next morning for my first full day on the job

I AM REQUIRED TO COME downstairs the next morning for my first full day on the job. I wake up at 6 and take a full hour to get ready (I wanted to look my best, okay?)

Staff members are allowed to wear whatever they'd like, as long as the colors are neutral—no bright neons or loud shades. So, I pair an oversized white shirt with beige baggy cargo pants and white shoes. I keep my makeup light, simply because I am too tired to do anything fancy, curl my bangs and straighten my hair.

I leave my dorm, and end up running into another staff member. She smiles with a bright look on her face. She clasps her hands and gasps at the same time, then exclaims, "Oh, so you're the new staff!? We're neighbors!!!"

"...Oh, hello." I bow. She looks to be older than me by a few years. She had short blonde hair that was pinned up with a large hair clamp. She wore a white tee and black sweatpants, and was carrying a tote bag like I was. However, hers had hair supplies inside, while mine had makeup.

"Want to head down together?" She waves at me to follow her towards the elevator, and I do exactly that.

We ride the lift all the way down to the first floor. She (her name is Julie) gives me a brief tour of places that the staff members use most—bathrooms, break rooms—things like that. We arrive to a large dressing room, where a few other staff members were hanging out in. It is a white room with 10 or so vanity mirrors that have bright lightbulbs glued along the rims. The desks in front of the mirrors are neatly organized with hair products and makeup brushes, with two chairs in front of each mirror.

"This will be your station. You can set up before the boys come!" Julie points to a mirror at the very end. I nod and take a seat, opening my duffle bag and taking out all of the makeup I think I will most likely use on the boys.

Yesterday, Mr.Sejin took me to the HYBE makeup shop, and allowed me to pick products I wanted to use solely on the members. I tried picking things on the least expensive side, as high end products seemed to be just as good as the dupes.

After about 10 minutes, an older man steps into the dressing room. The 5 other women staff members that I am in the room with, stand up and bow. I quickly do the same.

"Good morning Julie, Nari, Mi-Young, Lea, Seong, and...." He turns to me and I rapidly introduce myself in a hurry. "Y/n! Ah yes, our new makeup artist! Welcome."

The 5 women all face me and happily bow, mumbling "Nice to meet you!", "Hello!", and "Welcome!". Wow, they're all so...kind.

"The boys will be here in about 5 minutes. We are getting them dressed and styled for a new
EN-O-CLOCK episode, so keep it simple please!"

"Yes sir!!"

The man leaves, and the women start to shuffle through their items to start imagining what they would do. There were two people on outfit styling, two (including me) on makeup, and two on hair.